• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ocs

joboy_2.0

professional undergraduate
Contributor
See if your NRD has a booklet entitled "Naval Officer Delayed Entry Program Guide to Success". It has a list of EVERYTHING you will need, what is prohibited, what is expected of you, what you will need to memorize and everything pertinent to OCS. Get it. Memorize it. You will be golden. Thats what I'm working on the next three months.

E2Cougar

NFO
None
I think if you go to http://www.nsgreatlakes.navy.mil/otcp/ you can find a list of things that they suggest to bring but you can always bring stuff and leave in your car if you chose to drive.

This is absolutely right. We actually recently updated that list and added some items that candidates consistently thought were contraband (i.e. authorized optional items). This question is actually listed in the FAQ for OCS and the answer can be found at http://www.nsgreatlakes.navy.mil/otcp/ocs/bring.htm

MotoZuki

joboy,

When are you headed to OCS? 3 months sounds like the beginning of July in RI. That's what I'm looking at as well.

Moto

Sidewinder7

Good Luck!

Good luck with you going to OCS. I had a list given to me about what to bring to OCS and leave in your car. 1 small ironing board, an good iron, 1 battery powered headlamp to use at night to iron or fix your stuff for inspection, write letters,etc. Extra personal care items a must for hygene and to save you money while at OCS. Some civilian clothes when you have liberty and some good running shoes that fit you well. RI is going to be interesting especially since it has been at Pensacola and that scene was what I was expecting. Hope all goes well and best of success!

Sidewinder7

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
This is absolutely right. We actually recently updated that list and added some items that candidates consistently thought were contraband (i.e. authorized optional items). This question is actually listed in the FAQ for OCS and the answer can be found at http://www.nsgreatlakes.navy.mil/otcp/ocs/bring.htm

"If you have prior enlisted naval service, all Navy uniforms (if applicable)"

Really? For E-6 and below? I understand rate badges, ribbons, etc, but to bring uniforms (and which uniforms?) Maybe things have changed, but guys wore poopie suits and chrome domes the first week (and some other weeks if they were bad) and washed khakis the rest.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Really? For E-6 and below? I understand rate badges, ribbons, etc, but to bring uniforms (and which uniforms?) Maybe things have changed, but guys wore poopie suits and chrome domes the first week (and some other weeks if they were bad) and washed khakis the rest.

I don't know why they have that on there. I certainly didn't bring any of mine and there weren't any opportunities to wear them at all (it was on the list back then too). Bring them if you're planning on failing out, I guess.

Brett

E2Cougar

NFO
None

Note the "if applicable". We do have chiefs report to OCS, so this definitely applies to them. Also - while I was in OCS I remember a prior who had attrited who wore their enlisted uniforms while in S-Pool.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Note the "if applicable". We do have chiefs report to OCS, so this definitely applies to them.

If applicable to what? The statement makes no sense, as it already contains a qualifier as to prior enlisted service. Why would it be any different for CPOs? Seems to me like it would be better to either remove the "requirement" or elaborate on why one would need to bring them. I would think that the hassle of people unwittingly brining a full seabag for no reason would outweigh the extreme minority of cases where an attrite would have to put on an old uniform.

Brett