• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ocs

AEIllini2387

So at PLC this summer what types of things can we expect to be doing, I know a lot of PFT and basic history courses, but do we get to shoot an M16 or do anything that exciting, or is it mostly mental preparation.

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
Juniors or Seniors?

You'll be spending a lot of time PT'ing in the woods, and expect to spend some time in the field - at a minimum, conditioning hikes, fire team maneuver, and land navigation. You'll shoot blanks through the M16 during fire team maneuver, but no marksmanship.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Your average day will consist of: Chow, PT, class, chow, class, prac app., chow, drill, class, lights.

No firing of live rounds. Remember, OCS is a long tryout. You do learn things there, but the academics are very rudimentary.

Lawman

None
teufelhund0311 said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry...You'll be doing nothing fun.

There is no fun at OCS, its confiscated along with things like your cell phone at In Processing. You can get it back to have on the weekends for when you do your libertys but they make you put fun back when liberty is over.

See you at "Camp"

NapalmRat

i dunno about everyone else but when our lights went out everyone was awake and going nuts. I'd fall asleep and my fireteam would beat me with pillows, people would be messing around in the head, you can hear the click of moon beams turn on as soon as firewatch hits the lights out. It's kind of fun then...till someone gets caught.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
I would hear people yelling and people running up and down the stairs in the noise of the big a$$ fans. It was trippy $hit... I've recovered...

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
I never had trouble sleeping at OCS...close my eyes and I was out. The crappy mattress and springs on my rack created a sort of defilade when laid upon that protected me from the sound of "the fairies".

MNU-OCS

Thats crazy to think people would be running around. When i was the prep weekend no one screwed around and we all just wanted sleep. I cant see anyone having enough energy after the day to be horsing around. I have another question, when do we get our M16s?

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
People, including yourself, will be doing stuff after lights some nights. During Jrs, I never really stayed awake after lights. If you are awake in class, and take notes on the ELO's and TLO's (which helped me stay awake) you shouldn't need to study after lights out.

Seniors was another story. There just wasn't time to do everything during the day. If you have essays, or want to write home, it's getting done after lights. Word can also change after lights out and you may find yourself repacking for a hump, remarking gear, prepping a fresh PT shirt, etc. You have NO free time at seniors excpet for rack time and libo. However, all this being said...sleep as much as possible.

You will be issued your M-16 after pick-up. Usually the next day. It's nothing to be excited about...it's just one more thing to carry.

Killer2

TRONS!
None
Whats really fun is when your rack mate is a Lima Delta and you get to hual around all his stuff M-16 & Pack, so he can limp around.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
DocT said:
Word can also change after lights out and you may find yourself repacking for a hump, remarking gear, prepping a fresh PT shirt, etc.
How does one go about "prepping" a fresh shirt for PT? Is there ironing involved?

Steve:

Prepping a frest PT shirt means taking a huge stencil with your company/platoon letter/number and using boot polish or a marker to color it in onto the back of a skivvie, the platoon number also goes on the front. It's a huge waste of time. You have to do it pretty much every time you wash a skivvie.

s/f

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
Steve Wilkins said:
How does one go about "prepping" a fresh shirt for PT? Is there ironing involved?

Spray painting/shoe polishing a big fat letter and number to denote your Company/Platoon because all your other PT shirts are dirty or stolen.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
SoICanBeFree said:
It's a huge waste of time. You have to do it pretty much every time you wash a skivvie.
Well, wtf then. Just don't wash your skivies. Problem solved. PT gear is always prepped. :eek: