• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Status FY 13

exNavyOffRec

NavOffRec,
Are you able to give any insight as to why there would be a board held even though that particular community doesn't have any quotas? I am aware that they can possibly pick for the next fiscal year, but then that would mean that they have quotas of some sort... Also, are the numbers posted accurate? Meaning that last year, there were 7 available spots open for a community but they ended up selecting 9. Thank you for your time.

The board schedule is put out at the beginning of the FY, just because a board is scheduled doesn't mean it will happen. If the community is closed they won't hold the board unless new info regarding quotas comes out.

Angemc27

Are the next boards for Pilot/NFO still scheduled for Jan 13, excluding July 12 boards or is there an earlier board scheduled?

DeepSeaNess

PRO-BOARD EOD/SWO-ED
Here is what that status is as of Friday June 1st. This is ONLY for FY 13 status.

SWO - goal of 133, 121 identified
Surface ED - goal of 3, 0 identified
Surface IP - goal of 5, 4 identified
Surface Oceno - goal of 5, 4 identified
Surface IW - goal of 5, 4 identified
Seal - goal of 17, selection process started
EOD - goal of 10, selection process started
NFO - goal of 32, 26 identified
Pilot - goal of 206, 122 identified

AMDO - goal of 3, 3 identified CLOSED
IP - goal of 0, 2 identified CLOSED
IW - goal of 0, 13 identified CLOSED
INTEL - goal of 7, 28 identified CLOSED
PAO - goal of 1, filling with fleet applicants ONLY
Oceano - goal of 0, 1 identified CLOSED
Supply - goal of 30, 69 identified CLOSED
CEC - goal of 17, 33 identified CLOSED

Navy Off Rec,
Any updates on OCS quotas since your last post?
V/r

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot
Still the same, it is doubtful anything will change in the future

I understand that very similar "goal" and "identified" numbers could mean the designator is going to be tough to get into (e.g., NFO with goal of 32, 26 identified). I'm curious: What geographic region do these numbers pertain to? If all 26 hypothetically got selected, does that mean the United States Navy as a whole is looking for 6 more NFOs across the country, or is it six more NFOs per naval base, etc.?

(That question doesn't really have a bearing on anything, it's just for my own interest)

exNavyOffRec

I understand that very similar "goal" and "identified" numbers could mean the designator is going to be tough to get into (e.g., NFO with goal of 32, 26 identified). I'm curious: What geographic region do these numbers pertain to? If all 26 hypothetically got selected, does that mean the United States Navy as a whole is looking for 6 more NFOs across the country, or is it six more NFOs per naval base, etc.?

(That question doesn't really have a bearing on anything, it's just for my own interest)

These numbers apply to any US citizen in the world, OR doesn't go by geographic region, they look for the best candidate, the board could care less if San Diego has to get 5 Pilots and Houston needs 3, if the best candidates are from Ohio, that is who they pick.

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot
These numbers apply to any US citizen in the world, OR doesn't go by geographic region, they look for the best candidate, the board could care less if San Diego has to get 5 Pilots and Houston needs 3, if the best candidates are from Ohio, that is who they pick.

That makes sense—so if 133 SWOs are required for FY13 and 121 are identified, and hypothetically all 121 get accepted, the U.S. Navy will be seeking 12 more humans to serve as SWOs for the entire fiscal year. Whew! With all the different paths to commission, that makes for a competitive FY13! I'm going to study a lot harder for that ASTB coming up in three weeks ;)

Northstar

Ralph
None
Here is what that status is as of Friday June 1st. This is ONLY for FY 13 status.

I'm relatively new here, so could someone help me interpret what the goal/identified numbers exactly mean? For example, I'm a July board applicant for SNA. If there is a FY13 pilot goal of 206, and 122 have been identified, does that mean the July board will be aiming to possibly select 84 SNA's to roughly meet their goal? Sorry in advance if I'm missing something, but I would really appreciate someone's explanation.

exNavyOffRec

I'm relatively new here, so could someone help me interpret what the goal/identified numbers exactly mean? For example, I'm a July board applicant for SNA. If there is a FY13 pilot goal of 206, and 122 have been identified, does that mean the July board will be aiming to possibly select 84 SNA's to roughly meet their goal? Sorry in advance if I'm missing something, but I would really appreciate someone's explanation.

Not necessarily, they also select FY13 in January, and a few in April.

DeepSeaNess

PRO-BOARD EOD/SWO-ED
NavyOffRec,

Do you know the board schedule for EOD? I have heard packages to CNRC no later than 13th August. All the material I have been able to bring up on CNRC website is a little dated.