• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS stamp font

Lt Awesome

Does anyone know what font the stamp kit is at OCS? Are they still using the shitty yellow box stamp kit? My friend got there this weekend and I want to hook her up. Also, what markers work best for clothes that don't wash off? Semper

Nafod

Change I can belive in
all the markers wash off. i liked the sharpies best though, they required the least amount of touch up.

cant help you with the font type though..

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The best clothes marker is called Rub-a-dub marker from Sharpie®.

They cost about 89 cents at your local exchange, Wal-Mart, etc.

sh_rub_dub_on.jpg

-ea6bflyr ;)

SMILE4BULLETS

bring a can of black spraypaint to paint your t-shirts...it doesn't wash off. i've got green shirts i wear under my flightsuit that have a giant G on them. Still looks great if I do say so myself. rub-a-dubs are good too. shoe polish is a waste of time

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Our whole platoon did the spray paint thing. Some parts wash/wear off and we just touched it up with the super fat Sharpie. Good times... :D

Lonestar155

is good to go
Ship her the fattest heavy duty marker you can possibly find. I would do 3 shirts while my rack mate was still on his first since he was using little sharpies. It works believe me. The stamping kit is still used and that is to properly mark your shirts, web belt, boots, cover, etc.. for inspection.

red_ryder

None
The font? Why, it's COMIC SANS, of course! Secret gouge is you get extra credit from the DI's if you use it for your stamps, too.

Vegas

AH-1Z
pilot
bring a can of black spraypaint to paint your t-shirts...it doesn't wash off. i've got green shirts i wear under my flightsuit that have a giant G on them. Still looks great if I do say so myself. rub-a-dubs are good too. shoe polish is a waste of time

Spray paint saved my life, wish i would have had an stencil for the company letter though as we all shared like 4 so it took forever to get things marked

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
Spray paint saved my life, wish i would have had an stencil for the company letter though as we all shared like 4 so it took forever to get things marked

During inprocessing we took some pieces of cardboard from boot boxes and made more stencils. We must have had like 10.

PigzFly

Im heading to OCS (Navy) next week. I have heard different things about stamping/marking items. However, I have heard no mention of spray paint. Im guessing this is to save time and to get large numbers knocked out. But how should it be done. Are the stencils, that have been referred to, used for the spray paint? How big are these stencils? What about the over spray? Just tape it off like any other paint job? Any tips or advice would be great. Thanks

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
Im heading to OCS (Navy) next week. I have heard different things about stamping/marking items. However, I have heard no mention of spray paint. Im guessing this is to save time and to get large numbers knocked out. But how should it be done. Are the stencils, that have been referred to, used for the spray paint? How big are these stencils? What about the over spray? Just tape it off like any other paint job? Any tips or advice would be great. Thanks

well I cant speak for Navy OCS as I have no idea how they mark their shirts or if they even do. We were referring to the marking of the company and platoon on all of our PT shirts at Marine OCS. The SOP is to take the stencil and use shoe polish because it gives a nice crisp and dark look. the problem though is that usually one wash will fade the polish so bad that you are bound to catch hell.

A common alternative is too use sharpie markers instead as it survives many more washes, but that can take some time and will need touchups at times. Spray paint is nice because it gives that same solid, crisp look as the polish, doesnt fade and its really quick. The problem is that you usually have to bring it in and not all staff allow it. I have heard of some staff actually buying it for their platoons, which is awesome. I personally spray painted like 2 of my shirts but got sick of waiting for them to dry and just used a sharpie for the rest.

Anyway, to answer your question about the actual procedure..the stencils are just cut out of cardboard pieces, so as long as you get in close enough you dont have to worry too much about overspray. Taping off takes too long, and if you do get a little overspray...who cares, your not doing a picasso.

Good luck at OCS.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor

They issue you a stamp kit...use that...