• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS stamp font

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
Wait to get there before marking your stuff. When I went through anyone who used markers or paint got in trouble. They wanted the worthless shoe polish only for the giant letters. Shirts really do not take that long to mark. If you mess a shirt up then its worthles. Just do it there.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
I don't know why everybody is knocking the shoe polish. It takes about 2 minutes the night before a PT event to get your shirt remarked. Even at OCS you can find 2 minutes here and there. Markers bleed through and ruin your shirt. Paint takes forever and you have to go outside to do it, which depending on your staff can get you in a whole lot of trouble if you do it early in the cycle.

As far as marking stuff for inspections, use the yellow box or have a stamp made at Staples. The font doesn't matter as long as the letter size is in accordance with P1020.34G...everyone's favorite document.

BTW, the order says every ENLISTED person's clothing shall be marked in the prescribed. Am I to surmise that officers are not ordered to mark clothing by P1020.34G? I can make a case for both yes and no.