• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Preparation

Status
Not open for further replies.

turboweeny

I heard that the new 'in' OCS standards, from class 08-03 on, is that males age 25-29 have to do 68 push-ups, 86 situps, and run a 10:15 mile and a half

ryan77

A 10:15 In-PRT run? Wow that's very rough. Can someone confirm this? That's even lower than what I thought the Out-PRT run had to be (10:30).

Logan Ridley

I think Vanilla Ice is now a punk rocker going by his real name of Chris Van Winkle(?) Anyway, for OCS how often are the runs greater than 1.5 miles and is it more important to be able to run 4 miles strong or 1.5 miles fast? Plus, I have heard some urban legends about pilot training such as being dragged through water for a mile, having to jump from a two story landing and land parachute style, being held under water until one passes out, and some other stuff. Just curious if rumor or some truth, and if so, how do I best manage it?

jrklr

I don't mean to interupt this 'nilla ice talk but.....
Logan:
When were you accepted into BDCP for the SNA slot? What were your stats? Did you have to go on any sort of waiting list that I've heard so much about? Thanks.

Logan Ridley

I found out that I was accepted on the Monday before Thanksgiving, I think I applied three weeks beforehand. My stats were 8,9,8,5,3 on the ASTB. 74 push, 71 sits, 8:44 mi. I don't believe that I went on a waiting list.

wilsonator

don't worry too much about the memorization. the stuff is changed around a little bit when you get here. there's an 'and' here and a couple of words left out just to screw you up anyway. You'll get it when you get here, hardly anyone in my class came with the suff already memorized. Also about the running, count on not doing as well when you get here on the in-PFT because you will have been standing at attention for three days straight with very little sleep by the time you do it. also, concentrate a lot on your form. the pushups need to be tight. no knee bending or butts in the air at anytime or they will stop you right then and there so make sure you can do a lot while keeping your back straight and no part of your body touching the ground. same with the pushups make sure your hands stay 'grounded' or never leave your chest and no shifting around. some people got rolled out of my class right away because they weren't doing the exercises correctly. Patmack what class are you in? I'm in 12-03 over in bat II. Just passed our 4th week rlp, the blue tape is sweet.

Lou521

What happened to them when they got rolled on the IN PRT? Where they booted from OCS? Does that happen (booted totally rather than roller to "younger" class)?

sonnyb

Originally posted by turboweeny
I heard that the new 'in' OCS standards, from class 08-03 on, is that males age 25-29 have to do 68 push-ups, 86 situps, and run a 10:15 mile and a half

This has got to be the out prt. The in prt is still 13:30 for the run

Kim

From what I remember a year and a half ago we did both long distance running (3-5mi I think) and the 1.5. So if you can be ready for both. As for aviation you will first attend aviation preflight indoctrination and you do a lot of water survival, but not quite as extreme as you mentioned. Swim a mile in a flight suit, jump of a tower and swim underwater a little ways, tread and float in flight gear, swim in full flight gear and some parachute and helo dunker stuff. It's all very safe, and they work with you if you need help. I would know how to swim before you go though, they test in OCS as well (that one is pretty basic). Good luck. -Kim

WFU2USN

Kim,

When did you go through OCS? I ask because I have a friend who started around June 24th, 2001 and graduated the following September.

Thanks,
Robin
bigeyes2_125.gif

elise22

I have read on a few of the forums that aviators spend time in the pool during OCS. I was wondering what they do...are they being tested? training? Do they test the 500 meter swim time at OCS? I am heading to OCS Feb.8 with a NFO designator and want to make sure I am prepared. If anyone knows that would be great.

Elise

jlinscott

I had also read in someone's journal of OCS that the people who would go to API after OCS (SNA and NFO) would be going to swim practice on Tuesdays and Thursdays every week. Is this right? Can anyone confirm?

Status
Not open for further replies.