• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Preparation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logan Ridley

I just got accepted into the BDCP SNA program and go off to OCS in July. Does anyone have any useful ideas on what I need to do to really succeed at OCS right now? Running, Swimming, physical calisthenics, what is most important?

solenita72

SWO Wife
My husband says running, running and running. You have to be able to run a mile in a half under 10:30secs. The faster you can do this the less stress.

Logan Ridley

My PRT was pretty good, I'm just making sure that I should focus on those three elements or if I should add anything else to the routine. my pu 74, su71, run 8:44.

Logan Ridley

Another question that I have is that my recruiter gave me an info guide with much to memorize. Do i need to know the ranks, oathes, duties, songs, and other wrote memory stuff before I go or can I manage it after I get to OCS. Thanks for y'alls responses

tali264

Why not just do it now? My thinking is.....anything you can do to ease the stress during OCS should be done. Meaning being physically ready and also memorizing as much crap as you can. Why put it off and make things worse for yourself? At least that's what I'm doing.

Beth

Logan Ridley

Word to yo momma. I'm just looking for someone to encourage me not to, but yeah, why not now huh? Anyway, I have a nice short Christmas break to start it. As far as physical, what do y'all think is the best method for improving, pyrmiads, high reps low sets, low reps high sets? And is it better to run consistently run three-four miles or to just improve on the 1.5 mi time?

tali264

Originally posted by Logan Ridley
Wow, sorry, just thought that everyone would recognize Vanilla Ice when you heard it. Thanks again for your advice.

LOL.....no need to be sorry. I just didn't recognize it - I'm not exactly a Vanilla Ice fan! I am much better with movie quotes.

Well you'll be getting to OCS when I'm in the middle so I guess if you're starting to memorize the stuff then I should also
icon_smile_wink.gif

Jeff

I recommend relaxing and enjoying yourself before you go to OCS. When I went to OCS, I hadnt studied a thing and there was plenty of time to learn it there. Just stay in shape and have fun while you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.