• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS-Felony Waiver

andy359

I have went through the whole Officer Selection process and scored a 84 on the ASVAB, 282 on the PFT and have several great letters of recommendation and plently of "green wieght" (community service, campus involvement, activities ect.) I did have a felony conviction on my record though that happened 4 years ago. It was a alcohol related accident that happended in high school. It was however wiped off my record by a suspended imposition of sentence and i have been out of trouble since. No drugs, theft or the like on my record either. Long story short, a full bird Colonel denied my waiver. What should I do? I really want this....please give me some advice. Thanks

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
You are pretty much fucked...damn it sucks when your past catches up with you...now if there are any little kids in Colorado that look like me it would be Karma kicking me in the nuts...

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
That colonel was probably the Recruiting District CO. I'm not intimately familiar with the OSO waiver process, but my gut feeling is that you're probably fooked.

If you really want this, though, you could enlist (felony waivers a little easier there), rack up some good time under your belt, and then try again.

2ndGen

Third times a charm
You took the ASVAB for officer selection? Is this normal?

If you havn't taken, or can't get the scores for, the ACT or SAT.

Pickle, your form Colorado?! Awesome, myself as well, great hills to get ready for OCS!!:D

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
If you havn't taken, or can't get the scores for, the ACT or SAT.

Pickle, your form Colorado?! Awesome, myself as well, great hills to get ready for OCS!!:D

No, I just woked there for 3 summers...had some fun, made some money, not allowed back in Allenspark anymore...

GO_AV8_DevilDog

Round 2...
Contributor
I have went through the whole Officer Selection process and scored a 84 on the ASVAB, 282 on the PFT and have several great letters of recommendation and plently of "green wieght" (community service, campus involvement, activities ect.) I did have a felony conviction on my record though that happened 4 years ago. It was a alcohol related accident that happended in high school. It was however wiped off my record by a suspended imposition of sentence and i have been out of trouble since. No drugs, theft or the like on my record either. Long story short, a full bird Colonel denied my waiver. What should I do? I really want this....please give me some advice. Thanks

It really sucks to hear this, and I think the gunny mentioned you the last time we met. Give me a PM, maybe we can meet up and discuss.

nikiterp86

Pro-rec'd INTEL!!!!!
That's forum language for "private message" in case you didn't already know that. Click on the username, then click "send a private message to..." :)

trongod46

pilot
so its a little confusing, so did you get convicted of a felony or charged with one,
and is it on your record or not?
I know some people that went to another district to get around someone.

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
From South Dakota's 5th Circuit:

http://ujs.sd.gov/5thCircuit/a&c.htm

GENERAL PROBATION INFORMATION
If the Court gives you a Suspended Imposition of Sentence or a Suspended Execution of Sentence, you will be placed on probation. The following is a brief summary of each type of sentence.

Suspended Imposition of Sentence
When a person has been placed on a Suspended Imposition of Sentence, the Judge has found that there is sufficient evidence to find the person guilty, but the case is put on ?hold?. The Court continues and imposes conditions such as probation or incarceration for up to 180 days in the penitentiary or county jail. However, with a Suspended Imposition of Sentence there is no felony conviction or interruption of a defendant?s civil rights. During the probation period they may not possess, purchase or receive any firearms or ammunition or serve on a jury. Depending on the offense pled to or found guilty of, these rights may be returned, when the probationary period terminates. The only people who will then have access to your record would be law enforcement, prosecutors, or others entrusted in the welfare and protection of the public.

Felony probation of any type is an alternative to incarceration and a privilege, not a right. Failure to abide by the rules of probation can result in termination of that privilege and more severe consequences imposed.

GO_AV8_DevilDog

Round 2...
Contributor
Here a suspended imposition is like a one time only "Get out of Jail Free Card".

Depending on the charge the judge and just sweep the jail time and the felony under the rug in favor of placing the person on probation.
I think it's a really good deal for people who found themselves in trouble and they are not bad people.
Since the felony charge is technically dropped I should see no reason why you can't get a waiver, it sucks because since the hq for our district is in another state, they may not smile as happily on our laws.
And is it even possible to go through another district? someone mentioned that.