• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS date in BDCP

Status
Not open for further replies.

doubleeagle

Just curious; what the hell is the BDCP program. I've never heard of it and am interested in what it might have to offer. Any help here would be great. Thanks

navy101

Bdccp is the bachelor degree completion program. It is were the Navy will pay you at the rate of e-3 and you also get bah and bas. Another good thing about it is that you are guaranteed a pilot slot or whatever slot you get after graduation. All you have to do is maintain a 2.75 overall gpa and pass the prt every six months will you are still in school. There should be a link in airwarriors under dbcp that will describe it in more detail. Hope this helps.

solenita72

SWO Wife
Just a little more info....
You do have the ability to promote, my husband, after one semester went to E-4 because of making the dean's list, and was then promoted to E-5 upon graduation from college.

tali264

You can not be promoted after just one semester. It has to be TWO CONSECUTIVE semesters in order to jump to E-4.

NuSnake

you are correct tali.......

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens."
- Jimi Hendrix

solenita72

SWO Wife
Sorry you guys are right, I asked him about that it was two semesters, you would think I would know exactly since I pay the bills....lol Also I believe you can be promoted if you talk someone else into joining using your name as a referal, unless that was just recruiter talk!

(And it feels good for him to be getting 0-1 > 3 pay)
spin_125.gif

SG

Wow, 3 years....my wife was an E5 in the reserves when she got picked up for BDCP so they maintained E5 over 12 throughout BDCP. Too bad it was only 20 months though. No slack for her either on the OCS date. Graduated from ODU 12/15/2002 and is in class 14-03 which started 1/4/2003. What happened to all the leave that was accrued over 3 years? I know you can only carry 60 days into a fiscal year. Was it lost?

NuSnake

No, the upside to it is that you ALWAYS will have leave on the books.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens."
- Jimi Hendrix

solenita72

SWO Wife
Yep, if you are already a higher rate, they don't knock you down when they accept you in BDCP. My husban graduated from ODU too, not many BDCP'ers there! He kept all of his leave, which was great because he was able to use all of that during xmas, since he was there during OCS!

Status
Not open for further replies.