• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Chow Hall Procedures

PerDiem

Look what I can do!!
F*** that noise. I'm one of those people you can mess with in a lot of ways, but don't come between me and my food! I would not have survived OCS. :D

GreenLantern330

Some dumb questions: So basically until Candio Phase, the DI picks everything that you can eat and drink? I heard you that you don't have to eat everything, but make sure that you drink both glasses no matter what's in them because you knock them over after for clean up. Do the DIs pick what you have to drink too? Like, could you just get 2 glasses of water or do you have to get Powerade?

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
Some dumb questions: So basically until Candio Phase, the DI picks everything that you can eat and drink? I heard you that you don't have to eat everything, but make sure that you drink both glasses no matter what's in them because you knock them over after for clean up. Do the DIs pick what you have to drink too? Like, could you just get 2 glasses of water or do you have to get Powerade?

You will get two glasses...in the beginning Powerade and Water.

When your DI deems you worthy enough for anything else, he may clear juice or milk or soda.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Yeah you drink it all to make sure you're getting enough water/fluids. At the end, the section leader will call for everyone to finish their fluids, so you don't really get a choice about finishing them.

Squishy

Being a recent OCS graduate, everything that has been posted here is correct. Except anyone going through OCS now, will have it easier. They changed many of the rules. Some of them include:
DI's now have to stay a certain distance away from candidates
No yelling in the chow hall
Candio's can't yell at OC's and can't use knife hands.

During our first few weeks, we were only getting a couple bites of food each meal. She kept making us spit out our food. We literally got starved. However, I think they have rules in place now that prevent DI's from doing this.

Also, don't be worried about chow hall procedures. They take some getting used to. But once you're past the first 2 weeks, it becomes second nature. Once you have them down, it's harder not to laugh at the person across from you than actually doing the procedures. Oh, and don't make eye contact with the DI's in the shark tank.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
God, I'm glad I went through the legit OCS. Where you stared outside the chow hall as an INDOC and looked out at Narragansett Bay and wanted to drown yourself.

SynixMan

pilot
Contributor
Do they do this at Marine PLC?

Per my devil dog roommates, not the same type of thing. Structured yes though

Break break

Weakened chow hall procedures? <salty voice> God, you kids have it so easy now! </salt>

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Do they do this at Marine PLC?

No. There is yelling. But there is no 20 step process to follow when you eat. You just eat quickly. And you will learn to get creative to maximize your caloric intake.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Just to clear something up: Most DI's will allow you to eat as much as you want, with restrictions on WHAT you can eat, not how much.

Not being able to eat cheese, mayonnaise, bacon, etc. in lieu of carrots and beans isn't going to kill you. Eating a baked potato without any sour cream and butter isn't going to kill you, either.

Oh, and being left-handed definitely helps reduce the chow hall stress...never could figure out why they didn't make everyone eat with their weak hand.

ajalali

pilot
Being a recent OCS graduate, everything that has been posted here is correct. Except anyone going through OCS now, will have it easier. They changed many of the rules. Some of them include:
DI's now have to stay a certain distance away from candidates
No yelling in the chow hall
Candio's can't yell at OC's and can't use knife hands.

Heading to OCS in January..legitimately disappointed to hear this.

SynixMan

pilot
Contributor
^^ What he said. I never realized how easy it was to spot one person doing it wrong until you look out at 49 people doing it right. That and it was always the usual suspects effing it up anyway.

ajalali

pilot
hahaha I'm sure there will be. A little off topic..sorry, but does anyone know what the deal might be with the O-course during the winter?

oh and Lobster...is that you in your profile pic? Those sweaters are so dirty!