• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Chow Hall Procedures

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
Or worry about someone like me trying to make you laugh from across the table.

There's nothing like watching someone eat King Crab legs left-handed with a spoon.

Yea to hell with you and KJ and Zinger.

And I'm pretty sure it was more than one hour of mark timing.

I still remember the day we lost fruit privileges because someone dropped a grape on their plate.

Falker

Not Air Force
Yea to hell with you and KJ and Zinger.

And I'm pretty sure it was more than one hour of mark timing.

I still remember the day we lost fruit privileges because someone dropped a grape on their plate.

Baha. It was def our big, tall bald man who had a problem saying barber :icon_wink

badger16

None
Good times! I remember being confused the first few days when everybody was having trouble eating...then I realized that I was one of the few who had been eating this way (with my left hand, not by numbers) my whole life. SUCKS TO BE YOU GUYS!!!

blarged

ready
Or worry about when the person across from you has to cough with powerade in their mouth. After the first couple weeks you get it down to the point where you don't even think about it. Some of the best tests of bearing are when funny things happen in chow hall. Example: a drill instructor yelling at a female OC who isn't eating her meat, asking her if she is a vegetarian, and when she says no giving her step by step instructions on how to eat the meat with the war spoon. "HACK AT THE MEAT! HACK AT IT! NOW SHOVE IT DOWN YOUR THROOOOAAAATTTT!"

Or when a single candidate detail is both calling commands as section leader (normal voice) and answering commands as the class (in ditzy teenage drama queen voice)

niktam

I survived off of the tuna salad, cottage cheese, bacon bits, and cheddar out of the salad bar. easy to eat, and quick. chock full of carbs and calories.

m26

Contributor
I assumed even something like that would be off limits. Surely they don't have cereal, soup, etc?

Falker

Not Air Force
I survived off of the tuna salad, cottage cheese, bacon bits, and cheddar out of the salad bar. easy to eat, and quick. chock full of carbs and calories.

We were only allowed to get salad bar items that "grew out of the ground". Unfortunately that didn't include any of what you mentioned. That's probably why I was starving every single day.

Flying Toaster

None
Kind of a stupid question. What exactly is the goal in terms of food intake? To starve you or to keep you filled up? The latter seems unlikely, but it sounds to me like it is very DI dependent. I ask only because I'm one of those guys every fat person in the world hates. Even when I sit on my ass all day I lose weight, unless I eat pretty much none stop.

Falker

Not Air Force
Kind of a stupid question. What exactly is the goal in terms of food intake? To starve you or to keep you filled up? The latter seems unlikely, but it sounds to me like it is very DI dependent. I ask only because I'm one of those guys every fat person in the world hates. Even when I sit on my ass all day I lose weight, unless I eat pretty much none stop.

It's very DI dependent. Some DIs will starve you for as long as possible and then start to give you certain types of food, others will purposefully make you eat more because they're going to beat you down and want to make you stronger. Then are are the few that starve you and beat you to a pulp ;).

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
No body gained that I know of. For all the pre-OCS guys, the guys getting yelled at in the green suits is what you have to look forward to for the first week or two...

revan1013

Death by Snoo Snoo
pilot
I gained weight the last two weeks when we were allowed to have dessert as candios. I lacked the iron will to resist the oreo cakes after 10 weeks of misery.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
The first day of CandiO phase is like Christmas. Easy PT run, change into CandiO gear, a semi relaxed breakfast with coffee, change into Khakis, briefs, lunch where you could eat whatever, more briefs, then dinner with the obligatory raiding of the desert bar. Oh, and CONDIMENTS! You can actually make some things edible. After 8 weeks, you felt like a king for those few hours, then you find out about the actual work part...

As for food as a candidate, bowl and salad bar privledges are DI dependent. Nothing you can control. Usually things open up a bit after the first week or so. If you were a body builder type with muscle mass, expect to loose that due to the diet/exercise regieme you'll be on. Most folks loose a few pounds to start and then put it back on at the end or shortly after.

niktam

I was lucky, OUR DI gave us salad bowl privs as of day one, I think that first sunday at the end of week 1, we asked for hot cereal(grits/oatmeal) permission and then he told us, anything that wasn't packaged, and was in a bin was fair game. However our "sister" division was on grab and go until the second the put khakis on, so it is really hit or miss, we had ONE guy gain 20lbs while at OCS, however prior to OCS he admitted to living off of pure beer and cigarrette diet

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
When I went through, the Black Ninja was forced to give us Power-aide after many of his 'students' were getting cramped up due to low sodium intake. He hated having to do that.