• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ocs 187!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

plmtree

On the board for 186 I found out I wasn't in on the 22nd or 23rd of June. Didn't that board meet on the first or second week of June?
On 187, my OSO said they moved the deadline for package submission up to the 16th of this month, meaning that the board will convene at the end of July. They expect to get the results by the second week of August, at the latest.
I'm on the West Coast, I don't know if its different for the East Coast.

Whalebite

For what its worth deadline and when the bord meats can be two completely different dates. The aps might be due a bit before they meet, maybe to make sure everything is right. I'm sure people don't want to meet and then have to wait for the mail to come that day.

froghead1

Michael, it was probably a post I put on Marineocs.com. My OSO told me the board meets the week of the 16th, at least on the East coast. But, as Whalebite mentioned, your application is probably due a couple weeks before that.

AsphaltPilot

OCC 187 Air
I just finalized my package on Friday...

University of California, Los Angeles
B.A. History; Political Science minor
GPA: 3.5
SAT: 1270
PFT: 289 (20/100/19:44)
ASTB: 8/9/8
LOR: Army Maj, Army Cpt, Air Force Lt(ret), superior court presiding judge
no waivers

I pilot a Yamaha YZF-R6 on the road right now, but my goal is to one day trade up to an F/A-18 or possibly even the STOVL JSF. Of course this is after I first become a capable leader of Marines. We'll see how things go with the West Coast board. Good luck to all applicants.

reapergm

Asphalt, I hope to see you down in VA... and then in TBS so we can go riding!!!! Suzuki GSXR750 here. Your stats look good.

Wildflyin - Call me about what time on Thurs for the PT on the ship.

E6286

OCC 191 Select
Yeah, my OSO told me today that the deadline for applying to 187 is Aug. 29th. He also told me that I should do everything possible to apply because they are HURTING for Air contracts for 187 and 188 won't have nearly as many. He told me if I scored a 225 on the PFT I would have a 95 percent chance of getting in with things the way they are right now. I am going to go for it.

However, I will be retaking my ASTB the 28th, it is the new computer form, does anybody know if they will be able to submit in time for the 29th deadline since the test will have been completed? It takes about a week to get the results but do you think that this will work out okay? I could probably take the ASTB a week earlier, however, I am moving to VA and I am still processing through Pittsburgh so I don't want to be coming back here two weeks in a row and I need the next 5 weeks to prepare for the PFT.

MAC1078

I talked to my OSO today and he said the 187 board was still going Aug 16-20. I'm not going to say he couldn't be out of the loop though. How many OSO's are really in the loop and know what's going on. I think everyone knows the answer to that question. I'm new here so here are my stats.

Bryant College, RI B.S. Business Admin (Finance) 2000
GPA: 2.36 (I know that sucks)
SAT: 1080
PFT: 290
ASTB: 6/7/7
LOR: Congressman and State Senator, 7 more
Prior Service: 8 years USMCR (1 tour in Iraq 2003)

Sounds like the only thing I have going for me is the prior service.
reapergm - I have a 2001 GSXR-600 maybe I'll see you there.

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
So, does this massive push for air mean there are going to be very few ground slots? No offense to you guys but that thought worries me a bit.

bighuggies

My recruiters administator said they're hurting for ground slots, so I guess this means:

Theorem:
Marines need a lot of air + Marines need a lot of ground = Marines need a lot of dudes.

Proof:
Marines need a lot of dudes = Marines need a lot of air + Marines need a lot of ground

reapergm

Guys, honestly... everyone needs to sit back and take a deep breath. Relax. Dont stress too much, it will give you an ulcer. We are in a time of turmoil. I would only presume that the Marines would want more officers during this time. We all have read the scuttlebutt of the Navy to Marine pilot scenerio, and the need for air. So cool, there are more air slots. Dont worry too much about ground, they are the backbone of the Marines. Ground officers are key to any and all missions. Slots will be there. As wannabe's, the anxiety is a b!@#h, but it will work out.

If your application is in right now, sit back and think of other things in life. Last year I let the wait get to me and it sucked. Now I am enjoying what I have in preparation of leaving. You should do the same. If the app is out, there is nothing you can do. Dont stress the date, it will kill you. Dont stress the slots available, it will kill you. I have no idea if I will get in. People can tell me how easy it is, but only the board knows. So go hang out with your girl/boyfriends,do some PT, .. have a coke and a smile.. and hope for the best. No matter when the board meets.. we'll know by Sept. Good luck... may the force be with you! ;-)

bighuggies

Obi-Reapergmwan, I have a question for ya :) (or anyone knowledgeable)

Since the board was moved back to the 16th (this confirmed by the Jedis on this board and my OSO), does this mean we have more time to up our PT scores?

reapergm

Well, if it was like last year, we were able to get that updated PFT in about week and a half before the board. So yeah.. maybe if you do a PFT this week and fax it down.. it will be submitted. Call your OSO.

Status
Not open for further replies.