• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ocs 187!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucky1899

OSO Letter

Corpsaviation-

so the OSO write up has alot of pull? I hope so because my OSO said he was going to do a very favorable write up for me. I dont know if everyone gets a favorable write up, but it certaintly cant hurt.

Arc Angel

2nd Lt at TBS
I think you have until July 28th to update your PFT's. I have no idea when your actual contract application is due, you sure its the first week of July Froghead? That seems a little soon.

lugginjugs

Not a good flight for SNA...but good enough.
This goes back a couple posts. I don't remember flight hours being all that important for selection. Most candidates in my class had none. The magic 25 is what you will accrue in IFS. Why pay for it up front? The government pays for IFS. Don't sweat your grades too much - I had a 2.49 GPA, 1200 SAT, and a 6 something or another on the ASTB. I traded grade points for fishing, hunting, and hiking. I'm well rounded and can carry a pack like a mule. The Marine Corps doesn't need a fledgling Cessna 152 pilot - they need a warrior.

VAmookie

jugs has got the idea... its all attitude. If youre a motivated asskicker, its shows and they will see it

froghead1

Arc Angel...That's what I was told, but my OSO may have just given me the first week of July deadline to be sure all my references are in on time. Either way, my app is in, now I just need to get the flight physical and do the PFT.

PhoenixBU

I was told the same thing as Froghead, that I had until the end of the month to get my flight physical and my PFT done.

Also, my college friend who is just finishing TBS, said that if you have a certain amount of hours accumulated before you get accepted the government won't pay for the initial part of your flight training.

Honestly, I don't think any of us will really know everything about what we are getting into before we get down there and have our faces in the mud. From the blurbs I have been reading, I think its excellent that we all have different amounts of knowledge in a variety of different topics because at the end of the day, when we are in the worst of it, we will only be able to rely on each other.

GTodd

Hey I am hoping to go in Oct too.

I was at the last Oct class until wk 7 whan I F@ck up my shoulder.
Stats
Recomendation to go back
2.9 GPA
278 PFT last week
6/6 ASTB
Just waiting for Bumed to clear my shoulder.

reapergm

GTODD - HEY MAN!! AWESOME TO SEE YOU!! Good stuff that you are going back at it! Havent seen you post in awhile. Talk to Spin lately? I have to call him. Hey man, if you want to get together and PT, you live close enough. PM me. Your a teacher right? You done with school?

reapergm

288 PFT score yesterday. I need 290!!!!!

Side Note of the Day - pissed off... Told by my Sgt awhile ago, as long as pass the ASTB, youre fine.. score doesnt matter(which makes no sense). (My Scores - First time 4,4,4... second a week later 5,6,5). Back then, I knew nothing about Nautical stuff or Aviation, and I havent taken physics or math in 8 years. Now I am a flight student, and refreshed in math/sci. I asked to retake it after the 180 days. So he tells me I didnt need to bring up the score, no need for a 3rd time. So I didnt. Yesterday, I asked my OSO... and sure enough, points count. I asked to retake it, and you CANT anymore. You can only take it 2x now. Sucks!!!! I know I could have gotten a 8,8+. Its easy stuff, just needs refreshing. I rushed the first 2 to get the application in time for 184, now I am $hit outta luck. Oh well, I think theyll see the flight hours and give an ok.

lucky1899

Pft

Reaper- I know how you feel. I scored a 286 the first time i took the PFT. Anyways, I trained HARD for about another month and a half and I just scored a 289. Its amazing how hard it is to add on a few points.

VAmookie

Anyone notice how aviation canidates, not the grunts, are among the stupidest contributors to this forum. This is according to GPA. And i dont mean to step on anyones toes, as I am in the same boat.

reapergm

Egh, GPA doesn't mean too much. Its not the best measure of intelligence. I unfortunately had 6 close friends die in the course of 2 years. (Murder, suicide, OD's, 9/11.) All unexpected. My grades suffered. Yes, I know the profession I am going into, and that death will occur,... but its different when its a close friend out of nowhere dies. My gpa suffered. That's that. $hit happens. Made me stronger I guess.

E6286

OCC 191 Select
Wait, you can only take the ASTB 2 times? I never heard that. You can retake a third 6 months later. Then each time after needs at least a year wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.