• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ocs 187!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
Alright guys and gals, I know that 186 just started but I'm all psyched and ready to go for 187. My package was already completed by my OSO and sent (just rehashed my 186 app except with a new essay and PFT score). I just hope it isn't sitting forgotten in some file somewhere:). So I'm just curious to know what everybody's stats are. here are mine:

GPA: 2.1
PFT: 289
SAT: 1140
LOR : 3

2nd time applying. Good luck to everybody, and keep PTing hard!

lucky1899

Occ 187

I believe a thread like this was already started, but whatever, it got buried.

Name: Jack
School: University of Arizona, Economics Major/Business Minor
GPA: 3.0
SAT: 1360
PFT: 287 (hopefully raise it before July when I submit my package)

I am going for a ground contract, so I figure my PFT has to be real high. I've heard the board meets August 1st? Is this true?

Darkness

I'll be going to OCC 187 too.
My stats are:
GPA 3.11
PFT 279

But I've been to OCS already in 2001 for PLC, so I hope that counts. :)

reapergm

lol, Funny Corpsviation.

GPA: 2.2 (yeah, mine sucks a big one too)
School : University of Maryland, College Park
PFT: 285 last PFT in Nov, up by now.
SAT: 1100
LOR: 14, including ret. Lt. Gen USMCR
Waivers : Waiting on the word from BUMED on PRK
Member Civil Air Patrol (AF Aux)
Around 25 logged flight hours pilot (increasing daily), 10 logged observer/scanner in CAP

2nd application. 1st NFO, no slots east coast. I know I can get that PFT up to 290+ by July (Help me out on that one Wildflying). Just getting the run down. Just hope the GPA doesnt kill me. Hope that PRK goes through.

riley

Is there a separate page where you mark how many flight hours you have if you are applying for an air contract - or does your OSO just mention it in his/her write-up?

reapergm

I dont think so. But I was told to give in a copy of my log book. You should do the same. I also got a letter of rec from my flight instructor. My OSO said he tells the PLCers to have 25 hours before commission. So he recommended that many for the application. I wish I could go in with my private, but financially, theres no chance...

CLAM97to99

Why does the USMC care about what your ACT/SAT scores are on the application? It seems like the ASTB and college GPA would be better indicators of how some one performs than a score on a test taken 3-4 years ago.

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
SAT's over 1000 eliminate the need to take the ASVAB, or so I've been told. Also, since not everybody is going for aviation, the ASTB doesn't apply to everybody.

usanavypilot

I am applying for 187 also.

3.72 GPA in Geography from George Washington
PFT 282 (that was in March, probably worse now :( )
ASTB 8/9
SAT: 1360
and still waiting for a torn ACL waiver from NOMI (boo!!)

Good luck to all!!

PhoenixBU

Also applying 187
2.51 GPA from Bucknell University
Taking PFT tomorrow (6/4)
SAT 1200

One of my closest friends from college was in the october class last year and it just finishing basic school now. He has been through a lot but would not trade it in for anything in the world.

Good luck to you all.

lucky1899

school

Hey, some good schools on this board- George Washington, Bucknell, Maryland. I guess my U. of Arizona degree aint looking too hot right now. :(

froghead1

Anyone know when the latest you can take the PFT would be, in order to get an application in for August Review board/October OCS?
I know the application has to be in the first week in July, but thought I saw somewhere on here that you have a little more time with the PFT.

Just trying to get everything together for an application to OCS 187 (Oct right?).
University of North Carolina
Graduated in 2002, 2.4 GPA
7/6/7 ASTB
1200 SAT
Taking the PFT mid June

Anyone in DC area, where I live now, let me know if you're up for PT'ing.

VAmookie

school, grades... they dont matter. So long as you're on track to graduate and maintain above a 2.0, it doesnt matter to the board, you can still get in. My grades are just marginal and SATs pretty good. Its all up to your OSO; if wants you to get in, he can push you through while holding your hand. They are a good judge of character and have a lot of input. Make sure you talk to him/her frequently and go to his office if its near by. A good letter from your OSO could mean getting in or not.

reapergm

Froghead - Youre straight for 187. The cutoff for PFT is in July sometime. Have you taken your flight physical? If not, get it done.

CORPSviation - Yeah, my OSO is always MIA. Kind of stinks. Spend more time with people from another office. But my app is already done, so I dont want to switch out.

Status
Not open for further replies.