• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 08APR2024 SNA/SNFO BOARD

elariosa95

SNA (A-Pool)
They're the first two rollable events at OCS provided you pass the IST.
If you pass IST, First Friday is the first rollable event. Fast cruise and RLP come after.

any advice on getting through fast cruise and RLP? I can beast out the PRT but IIRC the physical events are mostly HIIT.
Pace yourself so you don’t gas yourself out in the first two minutes, but always give your best effort and stay focused on the goal. If you really want to practice, do the Insanity workout program with as little rest as possible.

Pringles

I actually kinda liked it. It’s not a 5 star restaurant by any means, but you can definitely get some decent grub. Everyone eats peanut butter tho so there will probably be a few days where they run out. They color code the different entrees and sides (red, yellow, green) based on how healthy they are for you
I've half a mind to think that the physical exertion of OCS is really going to curb any picky appetites, and eating healthy food is going to do nothing but help in the long run. Thanks for the insight!

Tyr

Has anyone seen my wingman?
I actually kinda liked it. It’s not a 5 star restaurant by any means, but you can definitely get some decent grub. Everyone eats peanut butter tho so there will probably be a few days where they run out. They color code the different entrees and sides (red, yellow, green) based on how healthy they are for you
I’d drop out of OCS if they ran out of peanut butter. This machine runs on PB&J

elariosa95

SNA (A-Pool)
I've half a mind to think that the physical exertion of OCS is really going to curb any picky appetites, and eating healthy food is going to do nothing but help in the long run. Thanks for the insight!
During indoc, you’re more or less fueling your body to get smoked for another few rounds, not necessarily just to stay healthy; that being said, eating healthy will definitely help throughout OCS. Eating during the rest of OCS is definitely less stressful.

I’d drop out of OCS if they ran out of peanut butter. This machine runs on PB&J
I had two PB sandwiches and egg whites every morning for breakfast. I definitely shed a tear whenever they ran out of PB

cjwinton01

SNA Applicant
During indoc, you’re more or less fueling your body to get smoked for another few rounds, not necessarily just to stay healthy; that being said, eating healthy will definitely help throughout OCS. Eating during the rest of OCS is definitely less stressful.
are they eating by the numbers again or did covid end that permanently?

Ninja

SNA Select
If I haven't heard from my recruiter that my package got pushed back with an issue by now am I safe to assume I 'made' it to the board?

Hamilton A

IIRC, Good Low is now the passing standard at OCS, so you need to hit that regardless. If you have down time throughout the day, just bang out a few pushups or hold a plank (both with perfect form, of course) and you’ll get stronger over time. The best time to start getting in shape was yesterday; the second best time is now.

Edit: Your performance will probably drop during the IST bc it’s conducted at 0515 on little sleep and without a warmup. Before heading to OCS, you should be hitting Good High easily, potentially into Excellent.

Don’t expect OCS to get you in shape, it’s expected that you show up already in good shape and you will definitely have a tougher time if you don’t. You definitely will get in shape at OCS but YMMV
Quick question, do you mean a good low overall on the PRT or a good low in each category ?