• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 08APR2024 SNA/SNFO BOARD

tward1512

All I know is living conditions will be considerably better than RTC because when I went to enlisted boot camp we just lived In a huge open bay compartment where everyone slept and had to shower together so that was ass. We will be living with only one other person and have a private shower so that’s a huge come up.
Yeah I’ll take that over RTC. I’m grateful for the lessons learned there but you couldn’t pay me enough to go through all that again. A whole room with a bunch of people who don’t know when to shut up when the lights go out is not an experience I’ll miss. Although, the stories I have from my time there will stick with me forever so it wasn’t all bad.
Also, getting treated badly by an RDC is one thing because that’s part of training. But getting talked down to by the galley workers because we were recruits was so ridiculous. We’d go from getting smoked and respecting our RDC’s to wanting to throw hands with the galley workers 😂😂

AndrewL

Alright, I was talking to some USNA Firsties today and a bunch were going SNA and SNFO and they were saying that word on the yard is there’s gonna be a super high selection rate this year for aviation. So maybe that bodes well for us because they select in late May. Could just be more rumors from the rumor mill though.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Alright, I was talking to some USNA Firsties today and a bunch were going SNA and SNFO and they were saying that word on the yard is there’s gonna be a super high selection rate this year for aviation. So maybe that bodes well for us because they select in late May. Could just be more rumors from the rumor mill though.

I wouldn’t try to link USNA or NROTC service selection with OCS boards. At least for USNA, it’s typically high (~85%) midshipmen get their first preference.

OGBean

SNA Applicant
You’re gonna stress yourself into hole. Everything’s already been decided, read some books and do some pushups big dawg.

elariosa95

SNA (A-Pool)
We will be living with only one other person and have a private shower so that’s a huge come up.
I won’t deny that sounds better than RTC, but having a slob for a hatch mate makes things a lot harder, especially when inspection time rolls around. I was blessed to have clean hatch mates, but I’ve definitely seen some gross rooms there

elariosa95

SNA (A-Pool)
you can have coffee if you're on watch during JOC phase
At no point during JOC or SOC phase were we told that we could do that. If they recently changed the OCR to say that, then sure, but coffee/deserts were limited to CandiO phase when I was there

GoldenZDC

What has helped you guys with your pushups? My run and plank times are fine but my pushups max at 41. I've been consistent on doing pushups for about 2 months now, but haven't seen much change.

Mil3s

SNA Select
What has helped you guys with your pushups? My run and plank times are fine but my pushups max at 41. I've been consistent on doing pushups for about 2 months now, but haven't seen much change.
Bench press, inclined bench, shoulder press, bar dips, different grip pull ups. Also doing different stances push-ups helped for me such as diamond push ups, regular, archer, etc..

Jstingo

SNFO Select
Set a goal. Do 50 push-ups x4 each day until you can rep out what your max is.