• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Occ 188 Who's Going!

Status
Not open for further replies.

makoslim

Air candidate 188
Thanks again crowbar, as I said earlier... a cornucopia!

-Merlin, can't wait to meet you man! Im sure I will be inspired, any running tips! Hopefully well be in initial flight together too.

breed

any word on ecp acceptance. we have to wait for the maradmin to come out. sitting it out in iwakuni, japan.

breed

congrats to all who have been selected so far.
my stats are:

GPA 2.99 Western Michigan Univeristy (PreMed)
PFT 290
6/6

hold a private and instrument license. almost commercial.
went through the Marine/Navy Avionic Electronics School.

enrolled in Embry-Riddles Master of Aeronuatical Science

currently stationed in Iwakuni, Japan.

submitted ECP package for 188. any other ECPers out there?

hope to get the word soon.

Semper Fi

leatherneck82

Manassas IFS
Just got word today that I was selected. OCC 188 Air. Second time around.
PFT = 257 (yeah I know but everything else is great.)
GPA - 3.35 CRJ @ Murray State University
ASVAB = 93
ASTB = 5/6
Great extracurricular and references.

Too excited for words. My determination has suffered after being turned down for 187 and I'm not looking foreward to the weather but I'm ready to get my dreamjob started. I'll be flying out of St. Louis on Jan 5 I think. So I'll take a ride for liberty if anyone is offering. I may not be able to post for a while, going to be very busy with work. But I'd still like to get to know the guys I'm going to be training with.

Broadsword2004

Hey, I am hoping to apply for the Marine PLC program. Right now I can only do 10 pullups, run 3 miles in 23 minutes, and do about 80 situps (the funny thing is this is far more physically fit then the average person still; shows how out of shape America is!!).

So I know those are the bare minimums. My OSO said he would contact me the week of December 6 to "see how I was doing" since last we talked I only had like 8 pullups, etc.....anyways, I was reading that you can take a PFT multiple times. Is this true? Cuz I will probably need to if I ever expect to be competitive.

Even if I only do meet the bare minimums for PFT, I will still apply, and just keep working at it, and re-apply if I don't get accepted.

Also, does anyone know how many times one can take a PFT before submitting their application??

Arc Angel

2nd Lt at TBS
Hey shadow, I'm just about to graduate with OCC-187 with my air contract. There's a guy in my platoon who was looking to do the very same thing. He's a NFO trying to get a PRK done while in the military and become a pilot. Good luck, there's apparently at least a one year backlog and I doubt you're not going to be able to do it during TBS. Don't get me wrong, you can have it done while you're in the military, an instructor over at TBS who came to talk to us had it done and I think he was an NFO, but realistically you'll be well into the NFO pipeline before you can have it completed and that makes a lat move more difficult. See what you can do about having it done before OCS if you haven't already. If you're accepted into OCC 188 good luck, you guys are going to frickin love that damn IMC in January. We did it in October and November and we still had one or two hypothermia cases.

makoslim

Air candidate 188
dont we have anymore East coasters getting accepted? or are most our posters West coast boys? Ive only seen one East coast accepted.

rugger4042

OCS Canidate 188
Selected for OCC-188

Hello, all, Got my confirmation on Friday for the January class. I'm in Washington DC, but just moved out here from MN a few months ago to find work and play Super League rugby after graduating from Univ.

St. Cloud State Univ., MN
GPA 3.7 Public Admin
PFT 268 (15/100/19:13) I have know Idea how I can run fast, but now do the 20 pull-ups. But just yesterday got to 17. I tweaked one more out by switching grips from under to overhand grip.

Have know idea what I want my MOS to be, just want to take it one step at a time and not get hurt while there. That is my only concern. Too answer some of the work out questions. Dropped my running down, and upped the pull-ups and sit-ups. Trying to keep the legs really well rested. My OCO told me that the last two weeks you should not run at all or maybe only a lite mile or two, 2 or 3 times a week. I am also planning on taking Yoga, at the guidance of my teams rugby coach. Hey, anything to help. Plus it is a great way to maintain strength with out the weights and prevents injuries.

Well, keep the posts coming guys, we all have many questions. I do have one question though. Every one is talking about boots, I thought we were not allowed to bring boots unless we were are priors, anyways if some body knows the answer, let me know casue I wanna get some then. Almost forgot, and this is horrible, I know. But my parent do not know yet, I was planning on telling them when I go home for X-mas. Any good idea's for telling the folks??

Status
Not open for further replies.