• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCC 184 RESULTS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

reapergm

Sorry to hear davidsin. What did your oso say about them not knowing of the 274? Where is your office? Too bad that something like that would make you not want to be a Marine officer, or are there other factors as well?

Corky

Jaybe76,
I would wait until you become a commissioned officer in the USMC before saying things like, "My Marine Corps". Let's leave that to people who have earned the right to wear the eagle, globe, and anchor. Otherwise, congrats on earning a ticket to the dance. Now lets see if you can walk away with the prettiest girl.

davidsin

Hmm...other factors that compromised my candidacy or factors contributing to why I no longer want to be a Marine officer? As far as candidacy goes I asked the same thing. They said the package was competitive, but there were no comments by the board other than my pft of 250 not being competitive enough to stand against the average 270s.

To shed some light, I've been going through this proccess for almost two years. Since OCC#180. During the process I had my file get lost, my vision test result as "non-correctable vision" although my vision is 20/20, and a lot of other "set backs" and "technical errors" etc. etc. None of this was a waste of time, and I don't regreat a single thing. I'm glad I've been through it. It made me stronger, and it solidified my views. I took it all as a test and trucked through the obsticles. I know I have what it takes, and I gave it 100%

As far as why I no longer want to be a Marine officer. It's difficult to say...My disposition changed, and There's other forces pulling me.

OSO Los Angeles.
born in TX
Architect
Korean origin

Jaybe I'll let you rest your eyes ;)

See you all on the other side of the line~

------------------------------------------------------
Subjugating your adversaries without fighting is the true pinnacle of excellence.

Sun-Tzu

jaybe76

Now why would I say something like that? Maybe because I did freaken earn it! Maybe Sergeant stripes too, and a boat load of other trash that would put most of you to shame. That is not the point of this bable though. The point as david explained later is he did not have what the Corps is looking for in applicants. We all have had stress through the process. Suck it up and deal with it, it is life. Don't smite a remark about not wanting My Marine Corps when it is the other way around or if you do don't wine when I tell you your a bitch. Your not going to get away with sly little remarks boys so get used to it.

Vek

Jaybe76,

To condemn a person who has been treated unfairly is asinine. Not in your Corps, eh? How about minding your own business.

Failure in showing fair treatment to an OCS applicant is disillusioning. Consider that application and, therefore, commitment to OCS represents different things to different people. Not taking anything away from recent college graduates, (keeping your nose clean enough to give yourself a chance at being accepted is quite commendable), getting jerked around while making a difficult move away from a successful career does not create warm fuzzies toward they who hold the chain.

I started the application process in April '02, spent that summer getting physically cleared (missing several days of work in the process), missed 181, formally applied after receiving clearance to apply in late September '02 (they wouldn't let me run the application PFT without medical clearance - ran 276 weighing 220# on 11 days' notice), accepted pending medical waiver in November, waiver cleared Jan 9, off to OCS Jan 17. I was working full time until Jan 16. Girlfriend (now wife) was driven nuts by all of the waiting for BUMED, NOMI, the application board, etc.

What I'm saying is that this is a big deal to all involved. Your attitude suggests a mindset that we lowly civilians make these decisions on a whim and commit to nothing. Not true.

Incidentally, I broke my toe the first day of PT by stubbing it on some unseen frozen thing (root? dirt clod? rock?) and was sent home to resume life. It is very exciting to do something (PT) in which you're not yelled at much in those first four days. Watch your step and don't fall victim to a bonehead injury like I did.

Not very respectfully,
Jerry V.
Now happily married and too old to reapply!

davidsin

I personally don't feel that it's the Corps that was unfair to me. I just think me being an officer of Marines doesn't sit right with the Man. So, my disposition changed. A man is entitled to his disposition.

Fubar is Fubar...so I gripe about it...so what? Doesn't everyone?

ps...i had to edit this to give Jerry a congrats. I'll be there soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.