• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCC 184 RESULTS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaiken82

Just recieved word that I was non-select for OCC 184, my age waiver was denied at the board. Just for reference, 28 yrs 9 mo., 464 astb, 283 pft, 2.6 gpa , ppl. Was told that would be my last application, looks like waivers beyond 29 are not too common right now. Good luck to those who make the cut!!!

reapergm

Kaiken.. man I am sorry. I cant believe you heard so soon. Listen to crowbar, try again. Maybe it was just this board. Dont give up man!

GTodd

Keep up you head bro, be proud you got his far.
glasses_125.gif

GTodd

Has any one else heard anything, the suspense is killing me, I am so excited to get to ocs.

mcm

As I understand, the waivers are granted/denied by your respective recruiting district HQ, before your book is sent to HQMC. Are you sure it was a board decision to deny your waiver?

craig0330

Osprey Candidate
I was told the same. That when your package reaches the board all waivers are approved and everyone is on the same playing ground so to speak.

kaiken82

MCM,

My OSO only said the board had finished its selection and my age-waiver was not approved. He did mention some statistical data on high attrition rates with older candidates but this was only speculation regarding my disapproval. Check out the MCRC website, there is an Excel document that you can view with all of the waivers granted/denied up through OCC 183 so I am assuming they had the final word but who hell knows you get a different story from every OSS. In case it matters, I am in the 6th district, worked with OSS Nashville.

reapergm

This what you were refering to on the MCRC site? https://web.mcrc.usmc.mil/section/o/OR/Welcome%20to%20G3%20Officer%20Programs2_files/ASTB%20waiver%20reveiw.doc
There was another file too, with peoples specific waivers and their names. Kinda wrong... If I was the guy with a chronic hemmroid waiver, I wouldnt want my name on a public site! :-p

hobbs77

Here is what he was refering to.

https://web.mcrc.usmc.mil/section/o/OR/Welcome%20to%20G3%20Officer%20Programs2.htm

davidsin

I just got word that I did not get selected for 184. They told me that my scores were very competitive, but my 250 pft score was what took me out of the race. They told me that the average is a 270. It's funny because I scored 274 on my last pft. I'm at 295 now. I guess they forgot to write it down, and refused to give me any more pft's for the past couple of months. In any case, I heard and saw enough to know that I don't want to be an officer of Marines. Good luck all.

Status
Not open for further replies.