• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Obama's Visit To The "War Zone"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lobster

I got this letter today in an email from back home, thought it needed to be shared...:confused:

This was sent to me by the friend's
wife. The friendis stationed in Afghanistan and witnessed the actions of Senator Obama as described below. I find it disgusting that Obama wants to be the Commander-in-Chief of the Military Personnel whose presence he won't even acknowledge. Jesse Jackson's description of this guy recently that caused quite a flap in the Media was, IMHO, pretty darned accurate. All those Network News anchors that are traveling with him will never air something like this, but they should. But he knows they won't so he doesn't care.

I don't know each of your personal political convictions, and apologize if anyone finds this offensive.
I thought it was important enough to share. This is his first hand view of Senator Obama.

---------- Forwarded Message ----------
Hello everyone,

As you know I am not a very political person. I just wanted to pass along that Senator Obama came to Afghanistan for about an hour on his visit to "The War Zone".
I wanted to share with you what happened. He got off the plane and got into a bullet proof vehicle, got to the area to meet with the commander here.

As the Soldiers where lined up to shake his hand he blew them off and didn't say a word as he went into the conference room to meet the commanding officer. As he finished, the vehicles took him to the ClamShell (pretty much a big top tent that military personnel can play basketball or work out in with weights) so he could take his publicity pictures playing basketball. He again shunned the opportunity to talk to Soldiers to thank them for their service.

So really he was just here to make a showing for the American's back home that he is their candidate for President. I think that if you are going to make an effort to come all the way over here you would thank those that are providing the freedom that they are providing for you.

I swear we got more thanks from the NBA Basketball Players or the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders than from one of the Senators, who wants to be the President of the United States. I just don't understand how anyone would want him to be our Commander-and-Chief. It was almost that he was scared to be around those that provide the freedom for him and our great country.

If this is blunt and to the point I am sorry but I wanted you all to know what kind of caliber of person he really is. What you see in the news is all fake.

dephyler

Contributor
Quoting a different article:

In his e-mail, the Task Force Wasatch "battle captain" beefed about the Illinois senator supposedly breezing into Bagram Airfield this week and blowing off G.I.s on his way to a staged photo-op to play basketball.

"I swear we got more thanks from the NBA Basketball Players or the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders than from one of the Senators, who wants to be the President of the United States. I just don’t understand how anyone would want him to be our Commander-and-Chief. It was almost that he was scared to be around those that provide the freedom for him and our great country," the captain wrote.

Now the Bagram captain is dialing back, having signed the viral e-mail with his name, rank and unit, a possible violation of military regulations barring political statements. This morning, he sent [us] a new statement (punctuation corrected):

"I am writing this to ask that you delete my email and not forward it. After checking my sources, information that was put out in my email was wrong. This email was meant only for my family. Please respect my wishes and delete the email and if there are any blogs you have my email portrayed on I would ask if you would take it down too. Thanks for your understanding."

-http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/dc/2008/07/obamabashing-gi-retracts-claim.html

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
99 Airwarriors, especially us young'uns:

Lets all take this as a lesson. Watch what you say/write/post. If you are going to say negative about someone, ask yourself "Would I sign my name and rank to this message?" If not, than maybe its better kept to yourself.

Just something to think about.

Cheers,
Bubba

Lobster

He just really seems two faced to me, I really didn't mind him at first but after he's been contratictory on certain subjects and now this, give your head a shake Obama. Lets DO WORK McCain! :D

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
I got the same e-mail from my Grandma, seems like it didn't take long to make the spam/forward circuit. If this is a real guy/real e-mail, what grief can he get for his personal opinion in an e-mail to his family? (This goes out to you old...umm I mean experienced guys) I write stuff to my family all the time bitching about the policies of our government, does this mean I need to censor that as well, just on the off-chance my mom might decide to publish it in the paper? Seems pretty extreme to me...

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Politics aside,

This is a perfect example of something you DON'T want to put in email especially. Stuff FWD's like wildfire when all you have to do is "click."

Google "Peter Chung" and "Carlyle Group." Pretty damn funny, but the guy was blacklisted for years.

Bevo16

pilot
FWIW, I got a message from a family member who is in the AF and was at the same base. He said all of the same stuff. He had hoped to have an opportunity to talk with the Senator, but all he did was play basketball, take some pictures, and leave. He didn' think that he even said "hello" to anyone below the rank of O-6. That may have been sarcastic, but the point is the same.

It sounds to me like the Capt is in hot water for what he wrote, and is trying to do damage control.

porw0004

standard-issue stud v2.0
pilot
.. he's been contratictory on certain subjects ..

Welcome to politicians as a whole. Since it's the nature of the game and this statement can be applied to probably 99% of the population on Capital Hill (made up statistic, sue me) I think it hardly has merit as a slam on any one of them, either side of the fence.

JSF_Dreamer

Busted Head
Obama is a giant mistake waiting to happen. And McCain is just a lesser one. I do like McCain for the fact that he actually served in our military.

Why is it not mandatory that presidential candidates must have served in the military? Oh, that's right... rich, bureaucratic assholes.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Why is it not mandatory that presidential candidates must have served in the military? Oh, that's right... rich, bureaucratic assholes.

Take a history class, or a class on the constitution. Our Constitution makes only a few distinctions about what requirements a presidential candidate must meet, and being in the military is certainly not one of them. IIRC, it's 35 years old, and a US Citizen.

unless you're talking about the rich bureaucratic assholes who wrote the thing in the 1700s.

phrogpilot73

Take a history class, or a class on the constitution. Our Constitution makes only a few distinctions about what requirements a presidential candidate must meet, and being in the military is certainly not one of them. IIRC, it's 35 years old, and a US Citizen by birth.

unless you're talking about the rich bureaucratic assholes who wrote the thing in the 1700s.
Fixed it for you... Ahnold can't be president because he's naturalized.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
I would be in favor of making some military service, O or E, a requirement to be Commander in Chief.

It just makes sense to me that if someone is going to be in charge of the world's most powerful military, they should at least know what it's like to be a part of that military. Just my .02

Status
Not open for further replies.