• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

obama protestor w. AR-15

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Damn. There were AR15's there and no one got shot? How could that be?

I know black rifles put nasty thoughts in my head. It's all I can do to keep from shooting up the AO every time I pick one up.

My tin foil hat wearing alter ego thinks this whole event smells a bit ripe anyway. Regardless I'll bet that the anti's are loving this shit. The media certainly is. Now they don't have to worry about a lead story for tonight.

IMO this will result in another "run" on ammo and black rifles very soon.

Is there some sort of caveat regarding CCW/Open Carry when a VIP is nearby? There's no way the Secret Service will let him near the President, right?

I know little about AZ law as it relates to guns but I do know that open carry there has never caused much of an uproar, if any.

North Carolina is an open carry state as well. That said there is a catch all law in NC called "going armed to the terror of the public". Right or wrong my guess is the gentleman in question here would have quickly been arrested and charged with going armed to the terror of the public. All it would have taken is one complaint.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
PA is also an open carry state, pistol and long gun. I would open carry now and then as a form of 2nd amendment middle finger to the libs, but people didn't really notice. Either that or they assumed I was a cop. The only person who ever said something was a police officer while I was ordering a pizza in a pizza shop.

"What do you got there?"
"Glock 21SF, sir. You?"
"Nice. Glock 17."

That was it. I miss that state.

Makk85

604KTS
pilot
^^^ That is awesome. I want to do that here in Michigan, but I doubt our cops would be so chill, legal or not.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
^^I think thats awesome. Also, kudos for this guy showing up to this event heavily armed.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Pill_Hacker said:
I was reading an online news article about this. It stated that in AZ as long as you are legally able to own a weapon you can carry it in the open and only when you want to conceal it are you required to have a permit? That's nuts!
If you can legally own a gun, then why can't you carry it. I can see why concealed carry might require special consideration, but open carry? What is to be concerned about. The "threat", if you believe it is one, is right there for all to see. You can avoid it. You can compensate for it. You can embrace it. But I don't see how you can logically object to it.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
I am legend?
i_am_legend_will_smith__1_.jpg

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
I remember the first time I walked into a local gun club here in AZ to try out a handgun on the range. Black rifles everywhere on the walls, along with Thompsons and MP5s and AK47s (or their lookalikes). The person setting me up said "welcome to America" when I mentioned I'd never seen an arsenal like that, being from California originally.

Nordo

This is a travesty. I never thought I would see this, in America. No man should ever have to carry a Bushmaster Carbon-15.

exhelodrvr

pilot
If you can legally own a gun, then why can't you carry it. I can see why concealed carry might require special consideration, but open carry? What is to be concerned about. The "threat", if you believe it is one, is right there for all to see. You can avoid it. You can compensate for it. You can embrace it. But I don't see how you can logically object to it.

He probably meant that it's nuts to have to have a permit for concealed carry.

jtmedli

pilot

I agree...the law seems to contradict itself. You CAN own a gun, but you CANT have a gun? Just seems like a backhanded way to encourage people not to have anything. On a similar note, the concealed permit isn't all that expensive. If you can afford a $600+ gun then you can proly afford the permit.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
I agree...the law seems to contradict itself. You CAN own a gun, but you CANT have a gun? Just seems like a backhanded way to encourage people not to have anything. On a similar note, the concealed permit isn't all that expensive. If you can afford a $600+ gun then you can proly afford the permit.

Yea if the permit ever gets here.

The State of Florida has taken my 75 bucks from me but hasn't sent me my doggone permit. This was probably back in May when I sent in for it. Ridiculous.

GO_AV8_DevilDog

Round 2...
Contributor
Ah how I do love the conservative midwest.

I went in, paid 10 dollars, filled out a half page form, went back the next day and temporary permit, then got the real deal in the mail a week later. And I do believe we just picked up reciprocity with Florida.