• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

obama protestor w. AR-15

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
AR man IDed

Here is the latest. You may recall the New Hampshire man that openly carried a weapon to an Obama town hall was labeled by the press as having membership in a right wing extremest white supremacist group. Well it turns out that Chris, the black man who slung the AR-15 in Phoenix, is also a member of the same organization. White Supremacist!!! I suppose if you are a member of a group that values the second amendment and is distrustful of the government the press pegs you as a white supremacist. When advised that the group he belongs to was considered by some as a white supremacist organization he simply says he never felt unwelcome at the meetings :icon_lol: .

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/local/articles/2009/08/22/20090822broughton0822.html

Oh, and travel guru Arthur Frommer is shocked that the second amendment applies in Phoenix AZ. Mr frommer finds that Phoenix is nearly lawless and surely dangerous. He will not be traveling to AZ anymore and is considering calling for a boycott. I have not heard if he is advising not traveling to Russia, Mexico, Tibet, Myanmar, China, Zimbabwe or Cuba, where murder is rampant or the government routinely kills it's own or fleeces foreigners via bribes or imprisons them on trumped up charges. Psst, don't tell Mr. Frommer that New Hampshire is a Second Amendment loving state too, or Texas, or Montana, or Nevada, or Florida, or a couple dozen other states. Pretty soon he won't have any domestic travel to write about.

http://www.frommers.com/blog/?plckC...0879Post:cad21037-04b6-415b-b41b-4838402e1e4e

rare21

pilot
Contributor
I wanna know how many of you had gun retention training ever? While in your CCW classes or those of you that open carry. I think that is majorly important when carrying a weapon especially when I see joe blow thuggy shruggish attempt to take our weapons from us (while we have a triple retention holster..and it still happens) i imagine what will happen and how easy the gun would be taken from someone with no training. I seriously believe the states should mandate that training in their respective classes. Just because you have a gun doesnt make you invincible. Unfortunately some folks believe that.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Here is the latest. You may recall the New Hampshire man that openly carried a weapon to an Obama town hall was labeled by the press as having membership in a right wing extremest white supremacist group. Well it turns out that Chris, the black man who slung the AR-15 in Phoenix, is also a member of the same organization. White Supremacist!!! I suppose if you are a member of a group that values the second amendment and is distrustful of the government the press pegs you as a white supremacist. When advised that the group he belongs to was considered by some as a white supremacist organization he simply says he never felt unwelcome at the meetings :icon_lol: .

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/local/articles/2009/08/22/20090822broughton0822.html

Wow, so the media finally got one right, he really is a wacko, thanks for the info!

Seriously, the group that the men supposedly belong to is definitely a 'fringe' group. The 'We the People Foundation' was founded by a well-known 'tax-protester', one of those that says the national income tax is illegal, and appears to promote all sorts of whack-job things, like the President not being born in the US and the big bad North American Union.

I didn't find anything in my short time on their site suggesting that they are racist or white supremacist, but they are definitely a bunch of wackos, to put it lightly.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
I wanna know how many of you had gun retention training ever?

Officially? No. But my father, who is a detective, taught me. Good enough for me.

My strategy is to keep my weapon so concealed that no one knows it's there. If I need deep concealment, or if I'm going to be in a crowded area, I'll centerline my G26 right above my nuts in an IWB holster. It's a little unnerving at first having your barrel and your...umm...barrel...lining up, but you get used to it. And it can be a little uncomfortable sitting in a vehicle. I've gotten the ol' pat down at sports venues and concerts and no one has found it yet.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
wow you do that? i used to see in the police magazine ads of the concealmetn holsters that were right above the goods....i just never thought i would do that....i search folks there but if you have the balls to get the gun of someone by sticking your hands down your pants....well if they get it kudos to them.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
It's a normal IWB holster, made by DeSantis. I can use it on my right hip or slide it over to just above the goods. I have a pinky extension on my 26, so it's very easy to get to. The only downside is that you can't wear pants or shorts that just fit you---they need to be a little on the big side to fit that holster in there.

Like I said, it's awkward having a firearm pointed right at your most prized possessions, but you would have a hell of a time guessing where it is even if I told you I had a weapon on me. It's also nice to not have to worry as much about someone disarming you from behind. When I carry my Glock 21 in a paddle holster, I'm always sitting on the right side of the bus/train so it's not easily accessible by anyone else, I'm always using walls and pillars to accomplish the same thing. I also use a pretty serious forward cant on the holster to make disarming from the rear more difficult. It's a pain in the ass, so I avoid carrying that unless I'm wearing a jacket.

The key is that you don't have to worry about retention and getting disarmed that much if the BG can't figure out where your heater is. I've carried openly a few times, and while it was great to exercise my 2nd Amendment rights, I had to be very very aware of my surroundings and I avoided crowded areas like the plague. I always had my elbow resting on top of it and made sure to never reach with my right arm. Paranoia to the extreme.

Edit: I'd love to find a Level 2 holster suitable for concealed carry, but I've yet to find those features in anything but duty holsters. ALSO, I NEVER re-holster my 26 in the IWB holster with it still in my pants. I can see the trigger hanging up on something and shooting my wang off. I remove the holster, re-holster, and then re-insert the holster into my pants.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
The key is that you don't have to worry about retention and getting disarmed that much if the BG can't figure out where your heater is. I've carried openly a few times, and while it was great to exercise my 2nd Amendment rights, I had to be very very aware of my surroundings and I avoided crowded areas like the plague. I always had my elbow resting on top of it and made sure to never reach with my right arm. Paranoia to the extreme.

QUOTE]

i'm worried about the open carry folks more than the CCWs, they're just not ready

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
i'm worried about the open carry folks more than the CCWs, they're just not ready

Agreed. A lot of people think that criminals will be scared away by their sidearm. Not always the case. You need to have your head on a swivel at all times. I eventually stopped because the juice wasn't worth the squeeze.

While I commend the guys OC'ing at the protests for their patriotism, carrying a long gun slung over the shoulder is just plain stupid. If someone wanted it, they could have it.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Seriously, the group that the men supposedly belong to is definitely a 'fringe' group. The 'We the People Foundation' was founded by a well-known 'tax-protester', one of those that says the national income tax is illegal, and appears to promote all sorts of whack-job things, like the President not being born in the US and the big bad North American Union.
Definitely minority views, even for the big bad conservative movement. I don't share them, but as long as they are peaceful, and that has been demonstrated, I don't care. Some people think Elvis is alive and the government invented crack to keep blacks in the underclass. A little off kilter, but they still have first and second amendment rights. No one seems to get upset when the New Black Panthers carry guns and expandable batons. But fringe has become a bad word. It always seems to imply a dangerous right wing. Tell you what, I'll call the We the People Foundation fringe wackos if you call Moveon.org the wacko lefty fringe

I didn't find anything in my short time on their site suggesting that they are racist or white supremacist, but they are definitely a bunch of wackos, to put it lightly.
That was the real point to my post. Either piss poor reporting, absolute yellow journalism or unabashed agenda promotion. A little inconvenient when the group you report to be racist has a black member, an enthusiastic member at that. You think the original reporter is even the least bit embarrassed? Think his editor will have a talk with him? NOOOO!