• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OAR/ASTB for OCS

Somewhat bad gouge.

I would recommend the OP take the entire ASTB, he's got nothing to lose and if he does well with the ASTB sections he at least has additional options to consider. If he doesn't do well but does great on the OAR then he can pursue the SWO route.

Ensign pay might not start out at 6 figures, but talking to my legal friends it's certainly more than what most legal folks start right after law school. As for the loans, he can set min payments and have it all wiped out in 10 years.

Certainly not in it for the money aspect. And I'm not in it to pay off my loans via government forgiveness. However, that is a benefit if I meet the requirements.

well that is a great way to spend 3 years of your life......

Law school is difficult enough. It's even more difficult when you 1) never wanted to go in the first place and 2) you know you're never going to practice law. This last semester is going to be so difficult. I have no motivation to attended, participate in, and prepare for class. Interestingly, my parents became less and less enthusiastic about the law as time went on. How demoralizing. It's a terrible profession, in my opinion. It's boring. It's difficult. Clients are intolerable. Pay isn't all the good, either. People are under the impression that lawyers are high rollers. Often time, that's not the case.