• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

November 2010 Board

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
Since my conditional release came back too late for the October board I'll start this one rolling since I haven't seen a topic posted for it yet.

Don't you hate those damn things.. I missed September board because of the conditional release..

WhiskeyTango182

Help.

I was non select for September on my first try. My goal was to retake the ASTB and get an officer interview by late October to be eligible to reapply for November... My recruiter is saying it is mandatory that I wait 6 months before I re apply. What do I do? He wont put me through even though I've read 100 times over that is not that case. Is this too short notice to find a new recruiter? I live in FL and am having NO LUCK with NRD Tampa. Anyone in FL having better luck? This is so frustrating I want to pull my hair out.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
I was non select for September on my first try. My goal was to retake the ASTB and get an officer interview by late October to be eligible to reapply for November... My recruiter is saying it is mandatory that I wait 6 months before I re apply. What do I do? He wont put me through even though I've read 100 times over that is not that case. Is this too short notice to find a new recruiter? I live in FL and am having NO LUCK with NRD Tampa. Anyone in FL having better luck? This is so frustrating I want to pull my hair out.

Tell him you read on the forum, that people do this all the time and you insist he does it for you. If not, I would go over his head and talk to your processor.. Since they're the one to send in the package anyway. I mean you have until the end of this month so there still is time to find a new recruiter but then again you risk not falling into the November stack, from turning in the package too late. Obviously the best thing to do is to not go over your recruiters head but in this case you're not in the military and you're not bound to the chain of command rule, and he is obviously in the wrong, and besides... it's your future.. When all said is done and you get in, you will never talk to him/her again anyway.

WhiskeyTango182

Every NRD in florida is telling me there is a mandatory 6 month wait. Where is everyone recruiting from who was allowed to reapply as soon as they heard they were non-select?

Stalin

Don't you hate those damn things.. I missed September board because of the conditional release..

I didn't think you needed it to get pro-rec'd. We sent mine up saying "pending conditional release" since I don't have mine yet

scall04c

WhiskeyTango182- My app. will be in for the Nov. board. My recruiter here at NRD Philadelphia told me the same thing about the 6 month waiting period. That waiting period only applies to whatever program you applied for. If you got non-select for aviation, you can immediately apply for NFO of Intel or whatever but must wait 6 months to re-apply for aviation. That is my understanding, if I am wrong someone correct me.

marmoset54

Final Select Supply Corps
There must be a major change in your application to apply to the same designator during the next boards.

Lucy

Fleet processor said a change of desginator is not enough to resubmit. ( I asked about a month ago) You have to have significant change. For example, a new good LOR (from employer/prof or the like, no "buddies", Interview, new ASTB, GPA increase over .1, new job, significant increase in amount of volunteer/extra currics, finished/started MA,etc. Big things. If you had one of those, or more, you can resumbit before the 6 months.

For example, and all though I techincally do not have a resumbit cause it wasn't looked at in July, my new package now contains a GPA increase from 3.35 to 3.49, increased langauge skills, 2 new leadership positions on campus, new locations and more volunteer hours, new school activities (model UN, french club, and Tae Kwon Do), 2 new officer interviews (1 intel and 1 swo/sna), really good new prof LOR(didnt have an academic one prior)

From people in the community(intel) number one thing is to continue to improve, so work on things you enjoy and not just things for your packet

Good luck to everyone and heres to hoping for results before t-day!

WhiskeyTango182

Yeah I understood the whole "making significant change" to your package deal but am still for whatever reason being told I will not be allowed to reapply. I don't understand why I'm being told this but I can't do a whole lot about it either.

Erthwerm

26/M
ASTB: 7/7/8-56
GPA: 3.1 Undergrad - 3.5 Grad (did not graduate with my master's)
10+ years of community service
College fencing club
Vice President of college fraternity
PPL with 50 Hours
Fluent in Spanish and speak some French
10 years of experience as a professional musician (doubt that will go far...)
SNA, SNFO, Intel

Tonkovich.J

Reapplying for the second time. Looked at in the march boards

20/M Non-Prior
SNA
Junior Mechanical Engineering GPA 3.71
Purdue University
7/8/8 60
4 LOR's (all from professors)
ASME member
active member in my schools engineering department (student instructor)
PT: 100 Push Ups 100 Sit Ups 31 Pull Ups 2 miles in 11:47

Stalin

Reapplying for the second time. Looked at in the march boards

20/M Non-Prior
SNA
Junior Mechanical Engineering GPA 3.71
Purdue University
7/8/8 60
4 LOR's (all from professors)
ASME member
active member in my schools engineering department (student instructor)
PT: 100 Push Ups 100 Sit Ups 31 Pull Ups 2 miles in 11:47

Your packet seems pretty good, why were you denied? Makes me kinda scared

Tonkovich.J

Your packet seems pretty good, why were you denied? Makes me kinda scared

I have no idea why I was denied the first time. I asked my recruiter if he knew why and he said that the board wouldn't give him a straight answer as to why I wasn't picked. I just hope it goes better this time around.