• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

North Korean Nuke Test

Richthofen

It isn't your fault that the bomb was a dud. :D

I'm just pissed how they are so full of Crap, and do nothin good but bad for human being, hopely one day I can fly over there and blow da crap out of them.

PS:What are great idea to put S Korean in charge of UN:( . hope they learned their "Sunshine" crap won't work.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm just pissed how they are so full of Crap, and do nothin good but bad for human being, hopely one day I can fly over there and blow da crap out of them.

PS:What are great idea to put S Korean in charge of UN:( . hope they learned their "Sunshine" crap won't work.

As you know, the NK nukes aren't pointed at the South, but places like Tokyo, Kobe, and Kyoto. This would be an implicit attack on the US, making it highly unlikely to ever take place. NK nukes are just another nifty toy that Kim can put in his trophy case to use as a bargaining chip down the road, or to monetize through technology transfers to less than scrupulous nations or non-state actors. The latter is what should merit our concern.

Brett

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
The ONLY reason any of this is happening ... is because "they" don't FEAR US. When all the UN hand-wringing is over and there is (again) no result .... "they" fear no repercussions.

When we take action(s) to make "fear of US" the status quo ... the problem will be over.

Doesn't ANYONE ever learn ANYTHING from history ... ???

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
Doesn't ANYONE ever learn ANYTHING from history ... ???

Alas, I think the answer is no.

Was it not the North Korean navy that captured an US Navy ship on the high seas, in international waters on January 23, 1968, about 1425 local as I recall? USS Pueblo, AGER-2 (former AKL 44 (Coastal Freighter for non-Navy times)). Think they still have the ship. I hear they have turned it into a museum. I think we never took any action, other than plead with the NK's to at least return the crew. Begged might be a better word than plead. After 11 months they returned the crew, in exchange for a/some Russian spy(spies).

Interesting sidebar to this. For about 6 months into 1968 you could not pick up a newspaper, magazine and etc., without finding a Top Secret/codeword document/message, that the NK's released to the press (or anyone interested) of the thousands of such documents that had been aboard the Pueblo. Un-nerving at first, but you got used to it.:( :( :(

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Report: N. Korea Threatens to Fire Nuclear Missile if U.S. Won't Commit to Talks

Tuesday, October 10, 2006
service_ap_36.gif

SEOUL, South Korea — North Korea stepped up its threats aimed at Washington, saying it could fire a nuclear-tipped missile unless the United States acts to resolve its standoff with Pyongyang, the Yonhap news agency reported Tuesday from Beijing.
How should we respond?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
The second target should be the NK USS Pueblo "museum" ... another result of talk over action. :)

300px-U129208.jpg

hscs

pilot
Brett,

I was basing my conclusions on their engineering skills based on how well they did with their missile tests and a low yield det....

If we do attack -- I think all planes should be playing the Team America theme song

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If we do attack -- I think all planes should be playing the Team America theme song

I'm with you there. I might be able to arrange such a broadcast directed at our NK friends. :D

Brett

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
What do you guys think the likely hood of military action is?
Regarding which country? While the U.S. can never leave the possibility of attack off the table, I think pre-emptive military action being lead by us is slim. However the new Japanese leader Pres. Abe has been trying to strenghten the Japanese forces and has mentioned pre-emptive action against North Korea, but he is struggling with his plan due to the japaneses fear of returning back to militarism. Unless North Korea stops the saber rattling and actually mobilizes its forces I dont see anything happening exept empty sanctioning. The world knows who this guy is and how nuts he is and I dont think leaders take him too seriously. Finally, the last I heard is they have not completely ruled out whether the blast was created by conventional explosives or nuclear.

Coota0

None
Alas, I think the answer is no.

Was it not the North Korean navy that captured an US Navy ship on the high seas, in international waters on January 23, 1968, about 1425 local as I recall? USS Pueblo, AGER-2 (former AKL 44 (Coastal Freighter for non-Navy times)). Think they still have the ship. I hear they have turned it into a museum. I think we never took any action, other than plead with the NK's to at least return the crew. Begged might be a better word than plead. After 11 months they returned the crew, in exchange for a/some Russian spy(spies).

Interesting sidebar to this. For about 6 months into 1968 you could not pick up a newspaper, magazine and etc., without finding a Top Secret/codeword document/message, that the NK's released to the press (or anyone interested) of the thousands of such documents that had been aboard the Pueblo. Un-nerving at first, but you got used to it.:( :( :(

I think the problem in 1968 is the same problem we have today: In 1968 we were involved in Vietnam, today in we are involved in Iraq and Afghanistan. What do you expect us to invade with? We are currently overstretched in both Afghanistan and Iraq, I just heard a few weeks ago that a brigade from the 3rd infantry is being held over in Iraq so that their replacements can have a full year at home before being redoplyed to Iraq. We could defintaly make a raid on North Korea, but with the forces in theater already we don't have enough ground troops to invade.

MattWSU

pilot
Contributor
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uss_pueblo

Pueblo was taken into port at Wonsan and the crew was moved twice to POW camps, with some of the crew reporting on release they were starved and regularly tortured while in North Korean custody. This treatment was allegedly worsened when the North Koreans realized that crewmen were secretly giving them "the finger" in staged propaganda photos.

Interesting read.