• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

No OCS Boards for SNA till March!!

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
Haha...Bond that means you :p.

Damn, that means if another final countdown time warp deal happens I wouldn't get to kill zeros. I was really banking on that in my Naval career and napalm in the morning. Martin Sheen look what is happening to our armed forces!

docwaring

Pro Rec'd BDCP/SNA
I didn't mean to freak everybody out, I am just relaying what is coming from my recruiter.

Trusting your recruiter? now that was your first mistake (says the enlisted man). I asked my OR about this after I saw it on the NOV Boards line. She said that the SNA and SWO boards are happening for NOV, just like they are supposed to, however, the next SWO board scheduled isn't until MAR. She didn't say anything about SNA in MAR, but it is possible. But again, that is the NEXT board. The NOV boards are supposed to (have) happen(ed).

Please, if that UAV thing isn't true, don't say it, it just adds another thing to worry/wonder about. I really REALLY don't feel like flying a computer game. I don't like playing pretend, I like doing the real thing.

blarged

ready
Trusting your recruiter? now that was your first mistake (says the enlisted man). I asked my OR about this after I saw it on the NOV Boards line. She said that the SNA and SWO boards are happening for NOV, just like they are supposed to, however, the next SWO board scheduled isn't until MAR. She didn't say anything about SNA in MAR, but it is possible. But again, that is the NEXT board. The NOV boards are supposed to (have) happen(ed).

You say trusting the recruiter is a mistake but then you quote your OR?

Please, if that UAV thing isn't true, don't say it, it just adds another thing to worry/wonder about. I really REALLY don't feel like flying a computer game. I don't like playing pretend, I like doing the real thing.

I'm pretty sure people are pulling your strings ... This entire thread is based on rumors, I wouldn't worry about it

E26

My OR said the same thing. I'm applying for BDCP, SNFO, and he told me that the next board meets in March.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
NOVEL CONCEPT:

Just KEEP APPLYING AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS?!? Jesus Christ guys, this is your first taste of how it is in the Navy..." I heard..." " I know a guy who...." " We will be transitioning to the T-XXX in 20XX.." " Your class up date is..." ......do you guys see a trend here? Rumors fly around all the time and things also change all the time, so stand by.

When I was applying almost a year ago there was a rumor that was even backed up by recruiters that no more pilot slots were available for FY' 2009...you know what? I just kept plugging away and got a FY'09 slot. Bad Gouge is everywhere, and even if it is true..

NAVAIR changes their mind all the time on how much of this/that they need..One week they don't need pilots they need NFO's..and then all the sudden it's the opposite, so let's say boards are on hold until March, if you have your kit ready to go...and they decide they need more pilots earlier than expected, guess who's kit is gonna be one of the first at the board?

nugget61

pilot
I have attained my Instrument rating and another 36 hours of flight time which from my experience constitutes a BIG change in my package. I checked this over with the recruiting district, and they told me it was enough of a change to resubmit.

Unless something has changed in the past year, that isn't enough of a change to allow for a resubmit.

And x2 on what sooner said. Submit and hope for the best.

USAdefender

GO STATE!!!
I wish the March thing was true. My recruiter keeps telling me that I'm gonna have to wait until next fiscal year to apply because the Navy is full this year already for most designators, especially aviation.

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
My OR also told me that the next SNA board is in March. Is it possible that this varies due to region or recruiting district?

NYYanks

Tweaking off my coffee
I wish the March thing was true. My recruiter keeps telling me that I'm gonna have to wait until next fiscal year to apply because the Navy is full this year already for most designators, especially aviation.

March is suppose to be the beginning of FY11 commissions, so I would suggest getting your stuff in asap, vice waiting until OCT.

NYYanks

Tweaking off my coffee
My OR also told me that the next SNA board is in March. Is it possible that this varies due to region or recruiting district?

All the boards convene in Millington TN. The only things that really factor are: Complete package (MED, JPAS, etc) and your package submitted on time. There may be other factors involved, but the region you are based in or NRD would not be one of them.

USAdefender

GO STATE!!!
March is suppose to be the beginning of FY11 commissions, so I would suggest getting your stuff in asap, vice waiting until OCT.

That may very well be what he is referring to. I'll be sure to get my last bit of paperwork to him before then. Actually I may make the march boards after all. All I lack is getting the PRK waiver and do my PRT.

Calculon

It's Calculon! Hit the deck!

Can anyone confirm this? I recall hearing in the past that this was something closer to the May/June timeframe..