• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NKO must die!

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
On the flip side I've had really good luck with moving companies. Other than a really, really cheap table I couldn't wait to get rid of, everything I've had has made it intact. Personal property offices, have been another story. Relatively surly civilians who are more concerned with satisfaction surveys than getting their jobs done.

My worst move was the pack-up out of Hawaii. Horrible packing and stuff was bent and broken and it was as if it was their first time packing stuff in the sealable crates. Otherwise, I've had good luck. But the "improved" web service to make moving "easy" is just not doing it for me. And since when did it take a moving company 15 days to get from FL to CA? I'm happy if it actually does take that long, but I've seen them far more motivated to get stuff across the country.

Then again, it took my HHG 70+ days to go from San Diego to HI. Living out of the Q weeks, only to go to the boat and return with out your stuff sucks.

KBayDog

And since when did it take a moving company 15 days to get from FL to CA? I'm happy if it actually does take that long, but I've seen them far more motivated to get stuff across the country.

IT DOESN'T. I got the same "scheduling" when I went from CA to FL, so I planned my move, arrival dates, and check-in around that two-week date. When the truck showed up in SD, he showed me his dispatch sheet for a 6-day transit. Yes, six days later, my stuff was being put into storage in FL because I wasn't there yet...because I had scheduled everything about my PCS around the 2-week transit time that the stupid f'ing website said it would take.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
IT DOESN'T. I got the same "scheduling" when I went from CA to FL, so I planned my move, arrival dates, and check-in around that two-week date. When the truck showed up in SD, he showed me his dispatch sheet for a 6-day transit. Yes, six days later, my stuff was being put into storage in FL because I wasn't there yet...because I had scheduled everything about my PCS around the 2-week transit time that the stupid f'ing website said it would take.

Yeah, that's kind of what I'm expecting. I also know it won't take two days to pack my stuff and then another day to load it. Ghey.

KBayDog

Yeah, that's kind of what I'm expecting. I also know it won't take two days to pack my stuff and then another day to load it. Ghey.

I didn't think it would take two days, either, but it does...when they show up one afternoon for a few hours, then finish up the next morning. Not sure how the contract is written, but methinks they're getting paid for two full days of work.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
My move to Jax from Pcola took 10 days. 10 fucking days to drive 5 hours across the state. When I got my estimate they told me it would be between 3 and 10 days, so of course they took their sweet ass time. Methinks the same thing as KBayDog.

FlyinSpy

Mongo only pawn, in game of life...
Contributor
I'm getting a laugh on how I take the DADT training on NKO - but I have to go over to NFAAS (Navy Family Accountability & Something System) to log that I've actually completed the training. WTFO? Doesn't the leadership trust NKO to track the training? Why would I go to NFAAS, which I'm pretty sure is designed for me to report in as "alive" after a giant tsunami, to log DADT training? Is this some insidious Navy play on family values??

As an aside, if there is a worse laid-out site that makes necessary things (like "mandatory training") harder to find than on NKO, I'd like to hear about it. What a goat-screw.

phrogpilot73

My move from Quantico to Pensacola was abysmal. Shit broken, shit missing, and after waiting a MONTH (after being promised no more than 10 days), the guy showed up BY HIMSELF and EXPECTED me to help him carry in my couch, washer & dryer (the things he couldn't pick up on his own). What did I get from it? Shit from TMO, USAA came through with a box of replacement CD's and a check 3 days after my claim (yet another reason I bank/insure with them).

Move from P-Cola to J-Actionville, NC was not bad. Some damage - but nothing major. Movers on both end were good dudes...

Move from J-Actionville, NC to Odenton, MD. BEST FUCKING MOVER I'VE EVER EXPERIENCED. Owner-operator, same guy in Jacksonville as Odenton. Realized my massage chair was NOT cheap and over-wrapped it and had me check his paperwork to see if the assessment was good. Moved everything as if it was his own, and fired some dude on the spot because he wasn't doing the same. Left us a dolly so we could maneuver shit around our storage area more easily. I wish he did every move from here on out. Only mover I gave a cash tip + actually went to the store and purchased his favorite bottle as a thanks.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I didn't think it would take two days, either, but it does...when they show up one afternoon for a few hours, then finish up the next morning. Not sure how the contract is written, but methinks they're getting paid for two full days of work.

That may be something new to get paid more. We'll see what happens. Usually the surveyor says it will take 2 days and then actually comes and looks at my stuff and realizes it will only take one day. I have nice stuff and a complete house, but I don't have half of another household in my garage like a lot of people.