• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NFO wait for TBS

Killer2

TRONS!
None
Ok so everybody is talking about 4-6 mo wait for PLC ground or PILOT? What about NFOs? Since there is little to no wait at API and the follow on schools for FOs then can the same be said as in wait for TBS?

I am a PLC contract so that's why I ask. With USNA making 200+ new LTs and NROTC/MECEP, I don't want to go to Delta or Echo I want Fox, so in all likelihood I should be able to class up around that time if not sooner, or is my ignorance of the inner workings of HQMC showing!

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
The wait for TBS has nothing to do with the type of contract but rather the slots available for the company and who has priority for that particular Company...(which Company is heavy with what type of contract can be found in various other threads)

That being said it is possible...though IMHO unlikely...that you will get Fox if you graduate in May and get commissioned at that time with a NFO slot (I know its an assumption but you didn't say when you graduate)...which is PRIMARILY a ground company, meaning that they have a large number of Infantry slots and therefore fewer Air contracts...

The most likely situation is that you will end up in Alpha with IFS before, so expect a report date of end Sept or beginning of Oct...

Killer2

TRONS!
None
jamnww said:
The most likely situation is that you will end up in Alpha with IFS before, so expect a report date of end Sept or beginning of Oct...

I didn't think NFOs were doing IFS anymore. Any NFOs can give up-to-date info?
Yes I do Grad/ Commission on 15 May

I guess what I am asking is what % of NFOs go to FOX? (Sarcasm to prevent threadjacking)

pcl retard

All NFO's are doing IFS now. I was with the first group who went though it. Whether you do IFS in Quantico or Pensacola remains to be seen. As far as what company you get, I really don't think that you being an NFO makes a difference. Based on when you graduate, I would say Fox or Alpha, just on timeframe.

jbelsha53

USMC NFO
None
A year and a half ago (wow, has it been that long?) I was one of a few PLC air contracts to get into Delta...most of them ended up in Fox, Alpha and Bravo. But we didn't get to do IFS, so I'm sure other things could have changed in the interim.

hump1909

I'm an SNFO that just got down to Pcola...I got commissioned in Dec 04 and went through with Delta Co......After that i did IFS in Quantico and the nwas just sent to PCola a few days ago.....oh and apparently I start API in 3 weeks

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Killer2 said:
I didn't think NFOs were doing IFS anymore. Any NFOs can give up-to-date info?
Yes I do Grad/ Commission on 15 May

I guess what I am asking is what % of NFOs go to FOX? (Sarcasm to prevent threadjacking)

Ok, I was in the same boat as you basically:

Graduate May 8
Commission June 1 (Paperwork screw up)
IFS October 4
TBS Nov 25th with Alpha

There is a slit chance you will get Fox but remember MOST of Fox are Ground Contracts because their graduation lines up with the start of a new IOC class and several other MOS schools so (Fox 04 had 60+ Infantry slots to fill). That being said you will more than likely get Alpha.

From what I remember Fox only had about 15 air contracts COMPANY wide a year or two ago...could have changed I guess...

Hump - from what you say that was about a 5 month wait which is what I would have expected thanks for the info...

JBelsha - Alpha and Bravo 05 both had 115+ air contracts which came out to about half of the company and Fox only had about 15 air contracts so while some got Fox it was far from common...

LegalWarrior

PLC-Law Contracts have also been experiencing significant wait time in getting into TBS.

I have had my paperwork ready to go since Oct., but both Alpha (Nov.) and Bravo (Jan.) were full. I have yet to receive orders for Charlie (April).

I've been lucky and found civilian employment in meantime. But I'd like to give my employer a heads up as to when I'm going, or how much longer I'll be staying. I've been trying to figure out if I'm slated for Charlie or not. My OSO told me to call MCRC, and MCRC told me to call my OSO. I did both, and I called TBS, but no answer.

Does anyone no who I can contact to find out if I'm slated for Charlie? How soon ahead of time can one expect orders to TBS?

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
LegalWarrior said:
PLC-Law Contracts have also been experiencing significant wait time in getting into TBS.

I have had my paperwork ready to go since Oct., but both Alpha (Nov.) and Bravo (Jan.) were full. I have yet to receive orders for Charlie (April).

I've been lucky and found civilian employment in meantime. But I'd like to give my employer a heads up as to when I'm going, or how much longer I'll be staying. I've been trying to figure out if I'm slated for Charlie or not. My OSO told me to call MCRC, and MCRC told me to call my OSO. I did both, and I called TBS, but no answer.

Does anyone no who I can contact to find out if I'm slated for Charlie? How soon ahead of time can one expect orders to TBS?

Supposedly they are supposed to give about a month notice however I got about 1 week...anything in between is what you should expect.

As far as who to talk to...TBS won't know anything they only get rosters of who to expect for each company the week or two before pickup...your OSO will probably be the best bet and HE/SHE should be the one contacting MCRC to find out a more specific timeframe...

Best advice I can give you, just keep pushing...

Killer2

TRONS!
None
So I will be doing IFS and most likely waiting till Alpha. Thanks to everybody for their post and insight on the situation.

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
Fox 05 was made up primarily of OCC 189 guys, mixed in with some PLC'ers who graduated in 04 and a few other types. We've got about 50 air guys (NFO and Pilot), most of which are straight out of OCS. Definitely not a large group, but not entirely ground heavy as mentioned aboved. IFS- everyone is doing it here at Quantico, NFOs included.

Killer2

TRONS!
None
In Quantico means in the area or the Quantico Flying Club just so I am clear and don't assume cause that leads to ...

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
You have some options there, not that that means you get to chose. They can send you to QFC, Mannassas, or the recently added Annapolis (formerly only for USNA students). The benefit of being away from Quantico is the fact that you are usually away from TBS and the Mike Co work parties. As much as I love digging fighting holes and working the pits in my spare time...
That might mean increased gas prices, so you can figure out what works best. More accurately, they (the Mike Co powers that be) will figure it out for you.

PSno23

GEAUX TIGERS
pilot
scotty008 said:
You have some options there, not that that means you get to chose. They can send you to QFC, Mannassas, or the recently added Annapolis (formerly only for USNA students). The benefit of being away from Quantico is the fact that you are usually away from TBS and the Mike Co work parties. As much as I love digging fighting holes and working the pits in my spare time...
That might mean increased gas prices, so you can figure out what works best. More accurately, they (the Mike Co powers that be) will figure it out for you.

So if you do IFS in Annapolis, are they going to board you up there? Driving to Manassas everyday was bad enough, I can't imagine how bad it would be driving to and from Annapolis everyday. That would also get pretty damn expensive.

ColdSteel

You can't spell lost without Lt.
Im a SNFO who graduated in May 05 and was picked up by Fox. Fox Co actually has like 13 NFO's and 43 Air. All NFO's go to IFS but it is only 13 flight hrs instead of 25 like the SNA's. As of now it seems "all" the flight contracts, except the few (like 2-3) who completed IFS, will be checking into Mike Co. and doing IFS here in Qtown. God I hope not. Over 50 avaitors seems like too much, they need to send some of us down to P'cola for IFS.