• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NFO wait for TBS

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
ColdSteel said:
Im a SNFO who graduated in May 05 and was picked up by Fox. Fox Co actually has like 13 NFO's and 43 Air. All NFO's go to IFS but it is only 13 flight hrs instead of 25 like the SNA's. As of now it seems "all" the flight contracts, except the few (like 2-3) who completed IFS, will be checking into Mike Co. and doing IFS here in Qtown. God I hope not. Over 50 avaitors seems like too much, they need to send some of us down to P'cola for IFS.
Not gonna happen- Like I said, approx. 50 air contracts ( as NFO is still considered air contract...). Some of these are Navy transfers, some already have IFS complete. After speaking with the XO, it looks as though we all will be checking into Mike on 17 Mar. IFS is here, so Graves Hall, here I come... See you there.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
ColdSteel said:
Im a SNFO who graduated in May 05 and was picked up by Fox. Fox Co actually has like 13 NFO's and 43 Air. All NFO's go to IFS but it is only 13 flight hrs instead of 25 like the SNA's. As of now it seems "all" the flight contracts, except the few (like 2-3) who completed IFS, will be checking into Mike Co. and doing IFS here in Qtown. God I hope not. Over 50 avaitors seems like too much, they need to send some of us down to P'cola for IFS.

You don't want to do IFS in Pcola...the Navy is still trying to get rid of some of its air contracts and is using IFS as a means of attrition, so it is a much bigger headache than in Qtown...besides the 2 flight schools there handled 50+ students in 2005 and have since added another school so they should be able to handle much more...

Just realize that you are a HUGE exception and not the rule...and even with IFS done you will have a wait for API...(Alpha 05 just finished STARTING API at the end of Jan and Bravo has a lot of people in the pool yet...)...

ColdSteel

You can't spell lost without Lt.
jamnww said:
...and even with IFS done you will have a wait for API...(Alpha 05 just finished STARTING API at the end of Jan and Bravo has a lot of people in the pool yet...)...

There is no wait for Marine NFO's, as soon as they complete IFS they pick up with an API class first come first serve. Yet they only take 1-2 NFO's per class, it could be at most a two month wait but that all depends when you check into P'cola.

Raptor2216

Killer2 said:
In Quantico means in the area or the Quantico Flying Club just so I am clear and don't assume cause that leads to ...

I'm not completely sure but I believe NFO's only get to go to Dulles for their 15 hours. I'm doing IFS at the Quantico Flying Club(having a blast). I am going to be picking up with Charlie Co. in april and there are 9 of us here who are going though IFS at the 3 locations. One of the LT's is an NFO contract and I believe he was told that NFO's only go to Dulles. I will check on this to make sure and update the thread a little later.

*update* I checked with the NFO Lt. and he says that NFO's only go to dulles for IFS.

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
Any update on the USNA IFS scheme? That sounds like there is a big opportunity for a lot of people to get screwed.