• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NFO questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
ip568 said:
Good luck to you.

Vp1sp2h.jpg

Nice pic - two turnin', two burnin'...

itoh

Anyone starting NFO training at NASP interested in a room by the base? I'm going to be getting a house about 7-8 miles outside the back gate in January. If interested, shoot me an email and I'll send more specifics:

itoh@cox.net

S/F
itoh

BYSun

The Chief said:
Atta boy. Good spirit.

There is a lot of information in the NFO Threads. The summary of NFO training is outstanding. If after reading the various threads and you need specific info, sometimes direct questions will get good answers, but not always!

The bit about being first in your API class entitles you to switch to Pilot? Horse Hockey. It just ain't true. The Navy needs GOOD NFO's, ergo you are LESS likely to be changed to pilot if you do well.

And: NFO training is tough. Never underestimate it.

I agree, the summary threads are pretty good, but you are mistaken about the switch to Pilot not being true. A number of people were able to switch from nfo to pilot when I went through API earlier this year, and are in Corpus as we speak (er, write). It probably changes from time to time (needs of the Navy) but thats how it has been most recently. And thats not to say it (the option) is as sought after as one may think. Most people were thrilled with their designators and would not want to change.

B

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
BYSun said:
I agree, the summary threads are pretty good, but you are mistaken about the switch to Pilot not being true. A number of people were able to switch from nfo to pilot when I went through API earlier this year, and are in Corpus as we speak (er, write). It probably changes from time to time (needs of the Navy) but thats how it has been most recently. And thats not to say it (the option) is as sought after as one may think. Most people were thrilled with their designators and would not want to change.

B

Just because they have allowed this in the recent past does not mean that it will always be the case. I remember when I was going through API a lot of the guys who were unhappy about getting SNFO were trying to switch to pilot, which was being allowed no matter your class rank (they were a bit short on pilots then). Then a F-14 NFO pilot transition crashed his plane in Memphis and the CNO put a stop on all NFO to pilot switches, including those in API. Just because it is true now or has been that way since forever (meaning since last summer for most flight studs), doesn't mean it will stay that way for long. What is the quote? "The only constant is change."

Maybe you could tell the group here why you called in that noise complaint on your own airframe, or is that just another O Club rumor trying to bring down the oft maligned Meat. Good times!

At least he did not fly over a Christian concert at the Gorge at noon on a Thursday (who has a concert at noon on a Thurs?). The Middie sitting next to me in the back though it was cool :icon_smil , the RAG staff did not.

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
It is a possibility. Or at least it was when I was in API. There's a form you can get (and which I picked up) which details the requirements for you to request a switch from SNFO to SNA from the NASC CO. One of those was having graduated in the top 10% of your API class. If I get the chance, I'll see if I can scan a copy and post it online, but as of October '03, this is accurate info.

Of course, with the Navy being the way it is... the rules change all the time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.