• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Next Board ~ April 2011

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor

I haven't received my FS yet. I still have a few weeks before I can even resubmit my paperwork. We'll see what happens after that. I'm hoping I can be reconsidered early as it improves my chances of not falling through the cracks at the August board.

cefiro

Going along with what others said, my recruiter said the next boards are for August 22. I submitted mine for April, so guess I am in the stack.

Although, I turn 27 in January. Doesnt look like I could make it through OCS by then if I am selected, but may as well see what happens.

boostadikt

VFA-106
Talked to my recruiter today, I guess the August board is off and boards are suspended indefinitely. Maybe this means October as we enter the new fiscal year? Has anyone else heard anything or have any more information?

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
Talked to my recruiter today, I guess the August board is off and boards are suspended indefinitely. Maybe this means October as we enter the new fiscal year? Has anyone else heard anything or have any more information?

what job was he referring to.. Cause as of right now everyone says it's only Pilot.. there was more than one board in august scheduled.

cmcalvert

Sep-11 SNA Pro Rec

This isn't true is it? Aug board for pilot is still on as far as everyone seems to know...

MGoBrew11

pilot
Doubt it is true. Consider all of the posts the last two weeks when you read posts like that.

It might be true that his recruiter said that, but as has been pointed out, his recruiter may have said that for a few reasons:
1.) His application for something like NFO has not yet been submitted and is not considered an "old" application that can be reviewed in August (I guess we don't know if old NFO apps are getting a look for sure, but it is the current rumor)
2.) He was applying for SWO or Intel or IW which we knew were called off awhile ago.
3.) He is just dead wrong and misinformed.

Take these posts with a grain of salt, especially when, if we have learned anything lately, no one really knows what is going on.

boostadikt

VFA-106
Doubt it is true. Consider all of the posts the last two weeks when you read posts like that.

It might be true that his recruiter said that, but as has been pointed out, his recruiter may have said that for a few reasons:
1.) His application for something like NFO has not yet been submitted and is not considered an "old" application that can be reviewed in August (I guess we don't know if old NFO apps are getting a look for sure, but it is the current rumor)
2.) He was applying for SWO or Intel or IW which we knew were called off awhile ago.
3.) He is just dead wrong and misinformed.

Take these posts with a grain of salt, especially when, if we have learned anything lately, no one really knows what is going on.

Really? No I am applying for pilot, my app is about 8 months old at this point. My recruiter has been pretty good with knowing whats going on except that its always bad news..... I have NFO listed as second choice, are they not reviewing for NFO and this could hold me back? What qualifies for an "old" app? Thanks for the help.

MGoBrew11

pilot
Read through the entire August 2011 thread and your questions will be answered. The information everyone has as of right now is:

There will be a board for SNA in August. Applications are still being accepted.
There MIGHT be an NFO board in August. New applications are not being accepted.

That's why we asked you to be more specific in your post. You recruiter might have said, "All boards are off for August" but that might not mean the same thing coming from your recruiter as it does from mine.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
Talked to my processor. He told me NFO was Cancelled and they are just accepting pilot for August. Pretty much the story that has been going on but it was told to me today. Therefore the entire August board is not cancelled.

boostadikt

VFA-106
Read through the entire August 2011 thread and your questions will be answered. The information everyone has as of right now is:

There will be a board for SNA in August. Applications are still being accepted.
There MIGHT be an NFO board in August. New applications are not being accepted.

That's why we asked you to be more specific in your post. You recruiter might have said, "All boards are off for August" but that might not mean the same thing coming from your recruiter as it does from mine.

Got all my paperwork updated and submitted for the August review. I can't thank you you guys enough, the info on this board saved me big time.