• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Next Board ~ April 2011

Robby

Mmm... Butter Bars
With all of the talk about waiting, just think how awesome it's going to be the first time you get to put on that uniform. At least that's what I keep telling myself in order to stay motivated.

That just put a smile on my face. Good way to see it.

bwh06b

FS SNA
Well, I just got an e-mail from my recruiter about a potential class date. He informed me that the first class date for me with available seats isn't until 28 JAN 2012. That'll put me right at the two year mark if he can in fact get me into that class from when I started this whole process and about 14 months from when I received my Pro Rec.

Robby

Mmm... Butter Bars
Well, I just got an e-mail from my recruiter about a potential class date. He informed me that the first class date for me with available seats isn't until 28 JAN 2012. That'll put me right at the two year mark if he can in fact get me into that class from when I started this whole process and about 14 months from when I received my Pro Rec.

Why has it taken so long?

bwh06b

FS SNA
I wish I could tell you. I went to MEPS on 05 JAN, and then I haven't had to do a single thing between now and then except swear in. I received a FS letter dated 16 FEB around mid-March, and there wasn't a FS date on it. That is evidently more common now than it used to be. I went and swore in on 25 MAR, and at the time my processor said he thought I should have a date by the end of the next week (which my recruiter had said we thought we would have a date by the end of January so I didn't put too much hope in the thought), and we still don't have a date today. I finally just e-mailed my recruiter and asked him if he would please personally make a phone call to NRC to see if he could get any information. He did, said he spoke to his counterpart, and that was who informed him that all class dates for fall 2011 are currently full, and that the first class date available with a seat in it was 28 JAN. I'm just hoping they stick me in that one, and I told him to let them know I'm definitely open to moving to an earlier class.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
AllAmerican,

Really? it took you 8x to get selected..? What was different on the 8th time than the first 7..?

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
AllAmerican,

Really? it took you 8x to get selected..? What was different on the 8th time than the first 7..?

Eagle, all told it's taken me eight tries and six years. I applied 3 times to the Academy, 3 times for NROTC, and twice for OCS. The first time at the OCS boards I was tabled due to being out of body composition, so I PTed my ass off and was picked up last September. Unfortunately, I'm having to be reconsidered since MEPS took so long, so it might end up being the 9th try that actually gets me to my commission. Either way, I'm going to have a giant, shit-eating grin on my face the first time I put on those choker whites.

Somewhere in the September 2010 board thread are my stats if you're curious. Feel free to PM me if you have more questions; I'm always happy to help.

EDIT: My stats. http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/sh...er-2010-Boards?p=660444&viewfull=1#post660444

batteryguy4

Pro-rec SNA
Well perseverance and patience will definitely be necessary for the upcoming year. I met with the recruiter about three weeks ago and was informed that the Navy is not taking applications for any officer slots except, nuke, JAG, and one or two others for quite a while. Apparently, classes are backed up until FY13, so that means boards in maybe May of 2012..? Thoughts? Frustrations?

MGoBrew11

pilot
As has been repeated many times before, OCS backup to FY 2013 does NOT mean no boards until May of 2012. Don't go around telling people no boards until May 2012, because as far as we know right now, that is not even close to the truth.

The upcoming August boards (which is 2.5 months from now, not a whole year) are probably selecting for OCS classes that would start in in the July/August/September timeframe for 2012. From what I understand, those would be 2013 FY people. So your recruiter is right, but that doesn't mean the boards will be delayed until next May.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Well perseverance and patience will definitely be necessary for the upcoming year. I met with the recruiter about three weeks ago and was informed that the Navy is not taking applications for any officer slots except, nuke, JAG, and one or two others for quite a while. Apparently, classes are backed up until FY13, so that means boards in maybe May of 2012..? Thoughts? Frustrations?

Not necessarily true as I've had my OR confirm boards for at least SNA in August. Also, we've had solid gouge on open OCS classes in late January. I know you're heart's in the right place, but we get the doom-and-gloom stuff all the time and it just isn't productive. We try to keep everything on the positive side here.

The AW :) Lamp is ON and shining brightly.

My OR is telling me that there will be a board in August, but that it's currently "full" from people who had their applications submitted for previous boards that got cancelled. My situation is that I was planning to submit my package for the April 2011 board when it was cancelled literally the day after I finalized my package. I'm not upset about it, I know I'll get my package in front of a board eventually. I'm just wondering if anyone else has heard a similar status regarding the August board not accepting packages?

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
My OR is telling me that there will be a board in August, but that it's currently "full" from people who had their applications submitted for previous boards that got cancelled. My situation is that I was planning to submit my package for the April 2011 board when it was cancelled literally the day after I finalized my package. I'm not upset about it, I know I'll get my package in front of a board eventually. I'm just wondering if anyone else has heard a similar status regarding the August board not accepting packages?

Idk if that is completely accurate.. Since I've been around the process a few times, from what the processor said she isn't allowed to submit the package until a certain date. I could of misheard her? But I distantly recall her telling me that usually a month before the board convenes, up to, somewhere around the 15th sometimes a little longer is when they submit the packages. I think a lot of people say they submitted their package, and what they really mean is they turned in their package to their processor.. awaiting to be turned in. Like I said, I could be wrong but I've been through this "process" a few times..

What I'm getting at is, for your OR to say the board is already "Full", I don't see how he knows. I think that is merely an opinion. It's logical to think that the board is filled with the two cancelled boards, but if I'm correct the only board applications were turned into was Aprils.. And there was no said of that board ever being filled before the cut off date.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Honestly, you've got nothing to lose by submitting your packet. The selection board will review every packet they get and select from those. The only guys who may take precedence are those who were tabled at previous selections and guys being reconsidered for their Final Select. My advice is to go for it; the worst they can say is no and then you just have to wait for the next board.

Idk if that is completely accurate.. Since I've been around the process a few times, from what the processor said she isn't allowed to submit the package until a certain date. I could of misheard her? But I distantly recall her telling me that usually a month before the board convenes, up to, somewhere around the 15th sometimes a little longer is when they submit the packages. I think a lot of people say they submitted their package, and what they really mean is they turned in their package to their processor.. awaiting to be turned in. Like I said, I could be wrong but I've been through this "process" a few times..

What I'm getting at is, for your OR to say the board is already "Full", I don't see how he knows. I think that is merely an opinion. It's logical to think that the board is filled with the two cancelled boards, but if I'm correct the only board applications were turned into was Aprils.. And there was no said of that board ever being filled before the cut off date.

Right. I had heard the same thing as well, and that the date for submission of packages was originally May 1st, but I think I remember my processor saying that it was pushed back to July 1st, which goes with what you said. I agree with you about not agreeing that the August board is full. That seems like a pretty far stretch, but I just like to ask around and see what other people have heard so I can get a better picture. Thanks for your insight.

@ AllAmerican: I'm definitely going to submit my application ASAP, if it's not full :p. With everything going on and as competitive as it is, I don't think it's a good time to be passing up on board opportunities. And besides, I'm only 24, so if I don't get selected, I'll have a couple more years to reapply. And congrats on your FS. That's a determination story if I've ever heard one. Hopefully there won't be any more problems and you can get off to Newport as soon as possible.