• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Next Board ~ April 2011

Lucy

I was referring to the apps that people have submitted over the last year who have been 'tabled'. Maybe these were in that second cut you mention and they were saved for later quota, not really a way to know. I am sure they can go through that many, just seems over the last year the boards have choose not to.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Sir,

I am more than likely one of the sources everyone is referring. Due to what happened with me I have begun to tell everyone not to make a change to their application once it is submitted unless you MUST. Adding 5 flight hours is not a change someone MUST do to their package as it wouldn't be that beneficial (in my humble opinion) compared to other applicants. Changing your designator is a MUST change. People get tabled or rolled into the next months boards all the time currently and it isn't just one or two people getting tabled. Was their applications submitted by the deadline? Did they make a change to their application? I don't know. ...
Also, you are a subject matter expert and I'm just an applicant. I'm pretty sure you have a better understanding of what is happening. ;)

I was referring to the apps that people have submitted over the last year who have been 'tabled'. Maybe these were in that second cut you mention and they were saved for later quota, not really a way to know. I am sure they can go through that many, just seems over the last year the boards have choose not to.
SOME of the stuff I am a subject matter expert in can be perishable. Things do change. Some of it (sigh), is obsolete, like VS tactics. I would agree that amending an app for 5 hours flight time isn't worth the effort, regardless of where you would end up in the stack. Given that there may be boards only every few months now, I suppose it isn't worth having them pull your packet to amend it for many different things, and then have it fall behind the fax machine.

If guys are getting rolled over or tabled, I expect it is less for the date their app arrived in CNRC and more with how competitive they are. Maybe they are a good candidate, but didn't make the quality cut that board. They will hold the guy over and see how he fairs in the next competitive environment. That would be a better deal then having to apply for reconsideration. It is also true that if you don't get your first choice and the board for a subsequent choice is not going to meet for a while, your app will be held for that board, and you won't likely be getting notification for the first choice reject until the other communities have had their board and pass judgment on the app. In the end, we are all speculating. They don't advertise their operations and quite frankly, I bet they are having to make up much of this as they go. These are strange times.

Flying Toaster

None
Are we sure they move apps down the pile???? That would make zero sense. They will have a bunch of completely out of date apps (in my case well over 6 months) because no one wants to risk being moved to the back of the line.

Lucy

Normally they only accept applications two months before the board. For the August board this has been changed to May 1st, appox. 3 1/2 months before the board. Any applications turned in before that are held by the processors.

So any applications turned in prior to May 1st can be updated prior to that date (unless your NRD does their own deadline). After your package is submitted to TN, any changes normally require withdrawal and resubmission of the app, and possibly being in the lower part of the pile.

Just as a side note, most of the papers you sign have a 6 month limit before you need to resign them.

Lucy

Cool. I had been told about that for the LORs, but since I have updates I will be in to sign things anyhow. Great for anyone who is a ways out from their OR.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
So people are talking in here like they've gotten word there is a for sure August Board. Did I miss something?

Lucy

I did a get a for sure from my OR. In fact, only the 3rd time he has called me instead of emailing. Other time was when non-select, and when BDCP closed. Not saying this is not gonna change, and that others won't be told different, but he hasn't been wrong yet.

bwh06b

FS SNA
Although I won't be going before another board anytime soon, my OR did mention as a side note yesterday that he has also received word that there will be a board in August. He has never been the kind of guy that passes out information without being certain.

staff03

Although I won't be going before another board anytime soon, my OR did mention as a side note yesterday that he has also received word that there will be a board in August. He has never been the kind of guy that passes out information without being certain.

Stupid question, but are you talking to the OR in Irving? I talked to him last week and he said he hasn't heard anything.

MGoBrew11

pilot
I'm in a similar situation.

Talked to CNRC yesterday, they told me what all you guys have said. There will officially be a board in August.

Called my NRD, they told me last the last thing they heard was May. I told them what I had heard from the CNRC, but they just kind of shrugged it off and said they heard May.

Are we sure when you turn in your application is what order it is seen? I don't want to have to wait until May 25th for my NRD to call me and say they will submit something for August if we could submit on May 1 all along.

Sonog

pilot
When it comes to knowledge about the status of your application, is your processor a better source than your OR? Reason I ask is that most of the time I ask my OR about my application status he gives very vague responses that almost sound like guesses and recently I asked my civilian processor and he said pretty confidently my application is at Tennessee at NRC awaiting future boards. Sorry if this seems obvious, but I get a little confused as to how much of a role the processors and OR's actually have in different aspects of the process.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
I'm in a similar situation.

Talked to CNRC yesterday, they told me what all you guys have said. There will officially be a board in August.

Called my NRD, they told me last the last thing they heard was May. I told them what I had heard from the CNRC, but they just kind of shrugged it off and said they heard May.

Are we sure when you turn in your application is what order it is seen? I don't want to have to wait until May 25th for my NRD to call me and say they will submit something for August if we could submit on May 1 all along.

You're going to worry yourself sick.. Take a breath. When it happens it will happen. Your OR is not going to forget about you :) He will call you when it's time to turn everything in.

MGoBrew11

pilot
Sound advice Eagle. Too much time available to worry I guess.

Sorry the Blackhawks didn't make it. That was a rough loss. When they scored to tie it up I thought they were for sure going to steal it.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
Sound advice Eagle. Too much time available to worry I guess.

Sorry the Blackhawks didn't make it. That was a rough loss. When they scored to tie it up I thought they were for sure going to steal it.

Yea Don't even get me started.. Campoli needs to be traded for that turnover that cost the Blackhawks the series.. I wouldn't have been as disappointed if it was a good play.. Always next year.. I'm just glad the Hawks took the Canucks cockiness away. I still remember Luongo's statment in an interview.. "Last time I checked we were up 3 games to 1." Lol.. well he swallowed those words pretty fast. All in all great run, and there is always next year...

Btw, like I said don't get too strung up in the board excitement.. As you know it changes like the weather. Just look for a career job/grad school and keep the Navy as an option.

What Hockey team are you cheering on this year?