• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Next Board ~ April 2011

Tonkovich.J

My recruiter randomly called me today to tell me that all FY 2012 slots for pilot and NFO are filled and they are not accepting apps until FY 13.. Any one else hear this as well?

I'm assuming that means no boards until like middle or end of 2012.. ?

My recruiter said the same thing. He was thinking that the next possibility could be OCT 2011. For all I know it could be before or after then. I am just glad that I still have 1 year left of school and have time to wait out this whole mess.

When I last talked to the Lt. in charge of my NRD, she said that there will be a board in the August/September time frame, but that the OCS dates wouldn't be until FY13. She didn't make it sound like it was anything set in stone (obviously, since no one has heard anything solid), but it seems like based off of what everyone else has to say that there will be a board in the Fall sometime, and that the OCS dates from that and later boards will be for FY13. I, too, hope there is a board in May. A lot of people have been waiting for a board longer than I have, so that would be pretty huge for them.

GreenLantern330

So, let's say the next board is indeed in fall. Would anyone's applications or any components of their applications start to expire since it'll have been about a year since the previous board?

TheBirdy

pilot
So, let's say the next board is indeed in fall. Would anyone's applications or any components of their applications start to expire since it'll have been about a year since the previous board?
I'd fall into that category. I was suppose to get my package in back in August 2010. I had to resign all of my papers yesterday. I talked to my OR about my LORs and he said they are fine even if it has been over 6 months (I remember there being talk about this somewhere).

GreenLantern330

I'm just wondering how many applications there will be for fall (assuming there would be a board in fall), because I won't be able to go further with my app until June. I'd definitely finish it before summer ends, but I'm wondering if it would even be seen because there's probably hundreds of applications already waiting.

JKid

Met with my OR today, he said he has heard some talk about a board being held in August. Once again, it is just speculation, so take it with a grain of salt (as I did). A board in May would definitely be awesome though. My OR advised me to look into other branches, so I am taking a look into the USMC (always good to keep an open mind I guess). Still crossing my fingers for the USN. Fly Navy! :D

I'm in the same boat. I retook the ASTB yesterday and while there, the MM1 that's been handling my paperwork said they're not sure when the next board will be. He said maybe summer, maybe fall, but no one knows. What makes the wait harder is that I've been talking to an Army recruiter that's been laying out career and life opportunities that sound very enticing. Keeping my fingers crossed on the Navy though...

I believe that there is more than one board that meets nationally. Therefore I would guess that there are different numbers of slots available in different places and that each board probably meets at a different time (rather than all the boards around the nation holding meetings at the same time). Please correct me if I'm wrong though.

GreenLantern330

I believe that there is more than one board that meets nationally. Therefore I would guess that there are different numbers of slots available in different places and that each board probably meets at a different time (rather than all the boards around the nation holding meetings at the same time). Please correct me if I'm wrong though.

Read the forum, or at least this thread alone, and you will find out.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA

What?

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot

Most Unrestricted Line jobs meet during the early part of the month and the results typically are released at the end of the month. Some jobs, like PAO, only meet a couple times a year. Now, this is the normal flow of things..of course, from what I'm reading on this thread, everything seems backed up.

When I went through, I had to have my kit submitted a week prior to the convening board. There is an initial screening in Millington,TN that sifts through the kits and weeding out the ones that have no hope of being selected. The ORs then typically receive an "at board" list that they can disseminate to their hopeful recruits. This eased the wait a little bc then you knew you were being seen or already shot down. The results of the board would be released at the end of the month sometime.

Like anything with the Navy, it's feast or famine...you just have to be prepared when it's feasting time again. It's the same way in flight school. You might fly once a week and spend your time at the beach, but if you don't stay prepared, you are screwed when you are scheduled twice a day, six days a week. So, have your ducks in a row when things open up so you aren't on the outside looking in.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
True, boards meet at different times and for different designators over the course of a year. Some boards meet far more often, they have to select more folks for those jobs. The important correction to obligatroy1's post is that the numbers don't vary over the nation or by region. One set of quotas. So there is one answer for every given program as to the slots open and dates of broads.

My recruiter just emailed me out of the blue with the following.

"Based on the proposed board dates and IAW the Officer CRUITMAN, NRC will start accepting Pilot/NFO/SWO, IDC, and Supply packages in May for a proposed 22 or 25 August 2011 board. AMDO and EDO packages will start being accepted in Jun for proposed 12 and 19 Sep boards."
Our Processor will start accepting completed kits beginning May 1st.
For those of you that have had your application in for a period of time, just need to let me know if you need to or want to change your application in any way.
For those of you who are working on your application, we will need to have all of your paperwork completed by 01 Jul 2011.
Please let me know if you have any questions.

I thought this was some good news and felt like I should share it.

Lucy

Cool. Hopefully at least some of us start getting told the same.:)
As for updates I just got promoted to new worker trainer/ responsible for training standards including the creation of an employee handbook.^_^

You are doing better than me. I quit my job in car sales and upgraded to house sales if for some reason the navy never works out. Privately funding my own aviation exploits is going to require more income that the car industry can provide.