• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Newest Pickle Added to the Jar!

MrsPickle

MIT- Manatee In Training
Contributor
Hey guys!
I wanted to introduce you all to Rocky, our Catahoula puppy. I just picked him up this morning. He's doing great and going outside to potty just fine (for now!).

He prefers the outside. I think it's because with the nice, sunny day today, he can see better. Rocky is pretty much blind. He's totally blind in his left eye and 70-80% in his right eye.

My friend works at a vet clinic and the breeder brought him in to be put down. They said they would find a home for him.

Killian is being very good with him. When she gets bored, she just jumps up on a couch and magically 'disappears' out of Rocky's vision.

The cat is apathetic about the whole thing (as usual). The kids love him, and Pickle is still in a sim. He's due to be home any minute, and will meet Rocky for the first time tonight.

Here are what few pics I have of the guy:

April16-2.jpg

April16.jpg

Hard day at the office!:
April16-1.jpg

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
Does he know that you got a new dog? Or will this be one of those spousal surprises.

eyes2theskies

Hungry for Flight
Congrats on your new pickle. My grandparents had a dog that looked just like him; also almost completely blind. He lived a long, hard, and happy life. I wish the same for yours!

Rocky is pretty much blind. He's totally blind in his left eye and 70-80% in his right eye.
...the breeder brought him in to be put down.

Can human "breeders" do this too? Certainly could improve the gene pool.

:eek:

:icon_smil

:icon_wink

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
MrsPickle, I'm just a "newbie" on here, but I'd like to welcome Rocky aboard. He is surely in a better place than he was before!:)

H60Gunner

Contributor
Cool looking leopard pup. Interesting breed too.

MrsGunner is friends with several local vets and vet techs, we have one dog and a cat that were "dropped off" at the clinic.

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
Nice! Growing up, my neighbors had a catahoula pup, except it was deaf. It held the record for surviving getting run-over or hit by cars (6 times - never heard 'em coming). It died of old age eventually.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
When I saw this thread I was wondering when the hell you got pregnant and if Pickle knew. The puppy is adorable though!