• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Pensacola BOQ? Incoming single SNA's required to live there?

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
I'm 99% sure that the aviation selectees from '08 at USNA have been told the same.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I've put the other Q posts in this thread (and moved it out of the PSD thread). Enjoy.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I sure hope you're right and I'm wrong...

When I went through, it took about 14 months from API to wings and that was fast for the time (zero delays or pools), and I was on PCS orders (unlike the pilots). I just can't see them puting people in the Q for 16-24 months, nor do I suspect they would have billeting available for the entire NFO pipeline at NASP.

Brett

Mustang83

Professional back-seat driver
None
I'll throw in my $0.02: currently an SNFO in the starting phase of Primary and absolutely zip has been said about any of this since I've been here (since June '07, long wait for API) by anyone. There was a short time when the Navy cut the BAH in half for the SNA's (in an effort to get them to live in the BOQ...), but that didn't last long. SNFO's were encouraged by instructors/staff to live off base.

UMichfly

pilot
None
I'll throw in my $0.02: currently an SNFO in the starting phase of Primary and absolutely zip has been said about any of this since I've been here (since June '07, long wait for API) by anyone. There was a short time when the Navy cut the BAH in half for the SNA's (in an effort to get them to live in the BOQ...), but that didn't last long. SNFO's were encouraged by instructors/staff to live off base.

The actual directive came out on March 5th so unless you've been in 633 since then, you probably missed the memo. As long as you're on a lease that predates the memo coming out, you should be good.

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's interesting to see how everyone's getting conflicting messages about this. We were told that the BOQ policy only applied to SNAs doing primary at whiting, and that all SNFOs were still living off base. That's as of a week ago, when one of our O-5 NFOs checked with the XO at NASP. Regardless, I'll agree with H20, anything's an improvement over my room now.

DangerousDan

I could tell you but I would have to kill you
All for the price of over a thousand bucks a month.

I just hope they don't take away your BAH! I tried to live in the BOQ at Dam Neck for like 5 months while doing a course but PSD was going to take our BAH and make us pay out of pocket. Me and another couple of reservists said the heck with this and went and got a beach house.

On a side note... At least you don't pay for water, power, maid service, etc...