• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Navy Ad...(well done!)

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Randomly (and sadly), I believe that Chrysler came out with the first mini-vans for the 1987 model year.

shortncurly

"life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten them"

I thought it was "Life, liberty and the pursuit of those who threaten it." Only because I remember saying when the ad first came out how that line was grammatically incorrect. The above is right, though! [/english major]

When my husband enlisted the Navy's ad campaign was "Full Speed Ahead." I always liked that one.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Randomly (and sadly), I believe that Chrysler came out with the first mini-vans for the 1987 model year.

I think you're right. The K-Car morphed into Mini-Vans and saved their butt.

snizo

Supply Officer
^ It's the power button on your television. It might take awhile to load, just sit there while it does and you'll see it eventually.

ReplayTV (which I highly recommend over TiVo, btw) doesn't allow me to waste time with things like commercials. I'll have to wait until some industrious young aspiring aviator puts it on his website.

Pags

N/A
pilot
i'm waiting for the Navy commercial that shows guys swabbing decks and using a needle gun to a killer soundtrack. "Navy, it's not just a job, it's a job on a boat"

I thought it was "Life, liberty and the pursuit of those who threaten it." Only because I remember saying when the ad first came out how that line was grammatically incorrect. The above is right, though! [/english major]

When my husband enlisted the Navy's ad campaign was "Full Speed Ahead." I always liked that one.

As I look at the poster as I type this (mad skills, i know...) it is indeed

LIFE, LIBERTY, AND THE PURSUIT OF ALL WHO THREATEN IT.

Now how about a freakin' link. I found one...but you have to sign up and make a friggin donation to the site...ya, like that's gonna happen.

jai5w4:icon_smil

Barnard1425 said:
I love how these ads make it look like everybody in the Navy is either a SEAL, a helicopter pilot dropping off SEALs, or a fighter pilot.

What's not to love?! :D

jai5w4:icon_smil

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Barnard1425 said:
I love how these ads make it look like everybody in the Navy is either a SEAL, a helicopter pilot dropping off SEALs, or a fighter pilot.

You mean they don't show the dashing young sailor working bravely in the dry cleaning plant of a carrier expertly pressing a Chief's kahkis?

Two words for our beloved Navy to boost recruiting and morale:

CIVILIAN CONTRACTORS

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
There was a girl in one of my classes last year who had just finished her 4 year navy hitch. She enlisted out of high school and was told she would have an opportunity to "fly for the navy". Honestly, there's a recruiter lying to recruits, and then there's you being dumb enough to believe the $hit he sells you.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
You mean they don't show the dashing young sailor working bravely in the dry cleaning plant of a carrier expertly pressing a Chief's kahkis?

Two words for our beloved Navy to boost recruiting and morale:

CIVILIAN CONTRACTORS

Ummm Rum ration comes to mind. Why is it dumb traditions like the Bosun's whistle made the transition from Wooden ships and Iron men to wrap yourself in the ORM pillow and dont get hurt but the rum ration was lost along the way. Free fifth to all who reenlist underway maybe hmmmm.
Then I wouldnt have to bring so much apple juice on board.

There was a girl in one of my classes last year who had just finished her 4 year navy hitch. She enlisted out of high school and was told she would have an opportunity to "fly for the navy". Honestly, there's a recruiter lying to recruits, and then there's you being dumb enough to believe the $hit he sells you.

well she could have been an A-Dub and flown around in helos...

...but that's not what anyone thinks when they hear, "Fly for the Navy."

jai5w4:snorkel_1

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Barnard1425 said:

Uhhh, we are. :D