• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Member: OCS this summer---NFO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle McWhirter

Hello everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself...can't hurt to make connections early! I am a senior at St. Bonaventure University in New York looking to enter OCS this summer, either June or August. I have been reading all the posts, thanks to everyone who has posted already...really good info here. I am actually finishing the last part of my application tomorrow (PRT) then I sit back and wait. Want to go in as an NFO. Anyone else out there going to OCS this summer or doing NFO pipline training...your posts would be great! Thanks...Kyle

Derrill Thompson

Kyle,

There is another senior at your school, Ed Williams, who will be going to OCS in June. We went to ACES together in January. I do know that he is currently SNFO and is trying the big switcharoo to SNA.

When are you going to ACES?

Derrill

Ed Williams

Hey Kyle, how is it going. Just thought that I would put up my first post with a fellow Bonas Student. For all of you out there who haven't yet been to ACES, it is awesome, I had a great time. The countdown to OCS continues.... 94 days. Who else will be going down for a June 2nd OCS Date?
Ed

Kyle McWhirter

Thanks Derrill for the info on Ed...actually we are pretty good friends it turns out. We played volleyball together. By the way Ed, thanks for the post...it is about time! haha. Lt. McCoy sent all my paperwork in on Thursday so I haven't heard back yet. I am hoping to make it in the June 2nd class and make it down to ACES sometime before that. The suspense is killing me...just can't wait to hear back about my application. I will keep you posted.

Ed Williams

I'm still waiting on the word for the switch from SNFO to SNA. I know about suspense. Hopefully I'll find out soon.
Ed

Stephen

Hey good luck to you on your NFO slot. AS for me I leave for OCS on May19th, and I go to ACES on the 25th of march. I'm kinda nervous about the whole thing though, however I guess that's to be expected. But don't worry I got a good feeling you'll get selected. It only took me a few months to get my packet together and before I knew it I got a pilot slot and I'm on my way to P-Cola. However, I was in Air Force ROTC before applying to the Navy. And getting a pilot slot through them is darn near impossible. A lot of my former cadets had aspirations of being pilots or navigators, but for one reason or another they did'nt get selected so now many of them are just settling for something else. But for me it's FLY NAVY!!!

Stephen J. Hall

vicki

Congrats on your selection. You didn't want to be a Zoomie anyway. (jk). You'll have a blast at ACEs; don't stress over that. See you at Pcola. I should be about halfway through OCS when you start (assuming I don't get rolled). I actually have heard of three or four people that did AF ROTC and then went through Navy OCS for a pilot slot, so I don't think you'll be alone. Take care.

Kyle McWhirter

Thanks for the encouraging words everyone. Right now I am just waiting...that is all I can do I guess. I leave for spring break on Friday so I might as well enjoy my last all out party week before I voluntarily turn my life into hell...haha. I will take a week off from the training regimen (sorry Ed, you gotta take next week all by yourself) and get back into the grind. Anyone going to South Padre Island TX? If so, look for the drunk kid from St. Bonaventure. Take it easy everyone!

Kyle

Ed Williams

Kyle,
Thanks for leaving me for a week, who am i supposed to run with? Oh well, as a wise man once said "the more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle!" Anyone else going to OCS on 2Jun01?
ed

Kyle McWhirter

What a great freakin day!!!

I just checked my email before I leave for spring break and got word that I was selected for NFO! Even better news, I got the 02Jun01 slot I wanted. Looks as though I will be keeping Mr. Williams company this summer!!! I am ecstatic...probably won't be able to go to bed tonight. Talk to you all when I get back from TX.

Kyle

Ed Williams

Kyle, nice job on the acceptance. Glad to hear that I will know someone else in OCS, I figure that the more people I know, the better off I will be. Does anyone know about how long it will be before our class will get liberty?
ed

Kyle McWhirter

They are right, everything is bigger in Texas! I had a pretty amazing week of unbridled drinking with my friends. I busted out the fact that I was going to be an NFO and got a couple girls excited. All in all, it was an amazing week...but need to get serious about training. Has anyone heard anything about the T34 flights being suspended for sure? I need to schedule a date for ACES but would hate to be grounded pending the inquiry.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Better use your status as future NFO now while you can, cause student NFO's and SNA's are a dime a dozen in Pensacola.

--Steve

Ed Williams

Kyle,
Glad to hear that you were having a good time in Texas and playing to the women. I kinda figured that Naval Flight status wouldn't hold much water in P-Cola.
ed

Status
Not open for further replies.