• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Knife

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I have three benchmade knives. Send them your military id and get an automatic, it is about 200 but well worth it. I keep in on my flgihtsuit.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Is the automatic blade legal? I understand if you keep it in your flightsuit, but outside of that would it get someone in trouble?

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
it depends on the state, I dont carry it in civies ever jsut for work so I dont worry about it too much. If you are looking for a daily carry then yes benchmade cant be beat

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
Own a benchmade 710; was my daily carry for most of college. Solid knives; the axis lock is pretty reliable, too.

FMRAM

mmx1 said:
Own a benchmade 710; was my daily carry for most of college. Solid knives; the axis lock is pretty reliable, too.

Daily carry for college? Dude what college did you go to so I can avoid it? :D

Birdman

kb3051.jpg

Ka Bar Mule Folder

Blade Length: 4"
Closed Length 5 1/4"
Steel: AUS 8A Stainless Steel
Lock Style: Lockback
Handle Material: Zytel
Sheath: Cordura
and only $42.70

Now, that's a nice knife.

Spot

11.5 years and counting boat free
The last squadron I was in had a catalog of different types of flight gear (knives, flashlights, etc) that you could purchase to replace the items in your SV2/Airsave vest. I know there were a lot of benchmade knives and stuff in there, one or two of which were the flip open knives. (fun stuff) They started the catalog sales about 3 or 4 months before I left, so I'm not sure of the name of the catalog or the supplier, but I can find out if you want.

BigRed389

None
FMRAM said:
Daily carry for college? Dude what college did you go to so I can avoid it? :D

I think he went to Columbia Univ.
And considering I now live a few blocks away from Columbia...and a guy was arrested last week after a 24 hour subway stabbing spree...I completely understand.

But it really depends on what you plan to be doing with it. Utility, self-defense, collector's piece(ugh), etc.

Regarding the law, for daily carry, even the most restrictive states(CA, MA, NY) allow concealed carry of folding knives under 4".
Of course, there are also usually separate laws regarding weapon carry on educational, federal, and other "special" facilities.

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
BigRed389 said:
I think he went to Columbia Univ.
And considering I now live a few blocks away from Columbia...and a guy was arrested last week after a 24 hour subway stabbing spree...I completely understand.

But it really depends on what you plan to be doing with it. Utility, self-defense, collector's piece(ugh), etc.

Regarding the law, for daily carry, even the most restrictive states(CA, MA, NY) allow concealed carry of folding knives under 4".
Of course, there are also usually separate laws regarding weapon carry on educational, federal, and other "special" facilities.

Hah, I was working on a humorous reply but it never worked out. I don't generally carry for self-defense; it's just a useful tool to have. It does make me feel much better when running in Riverside park at night (yea, I'm a nutcase).

FMRAM

Spot said:
The last squadron I was in had a catalog of different types of flight gear (knives, flashlights, etc) that you could purchase to replace the items in your SV2/Airsave vest. I know there were a lot of benchmade knives and stuff in there, one or two of which were the flip open knives. (fun stuff) They started the catalog sales about 3 or 4 months before I left, so I'm not sure of the name of the catalog or the supplier, but I can find out if you want.

Yea Spot, find out if you could.