• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NEWS New Female Officer Uniform Testing

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I've lost track with all of the flight suit reg amendments... Are blue shirts kosher now? Originally it was just black and white beyond the gate, but I can't remember if the latest change allowed NWU blue shirts.

Black and NWU Blue, and I heard at my last MDWE that the Air Boss re-authorized squadron color t-shirts. Just what I heard, though; can't vouch for that one.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Black and NWU Blue, and I heard at my last MDWE that the Air Boss re-authorized squadron color t-shirts. Just what I heard, though; can't vouch for that one.

I'm not sure I buy the color t-shirts. I think I still have the last amendment in my work email, so I'll have to look...at some future date that isn't the weekend.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
I'm not sure I buy the color t-shirts. I think I still have the last amendment in my work email, so I'll have to look...at some future date that isn't the weekend.

It's for real in NAVADMIN traffic. Colored shirts make it organizational clothing vice working uniform though, so no lunch in town with a colored shirt. Clear as mud?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
It's for real in NAVADMIN traffic. Colored shirts make it organizational clothing vice working uniform though, so no lunch in town with a colored shirt. Clear as mud?

Very well then. Although since my second tour (pre-rule change(s)), black was my squadron color anyway, so it really never mattered anyhow.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
Ow, Jesus...just sprained my eyes, I rolled them so hard.

We're fucking killing ourselves with stuff like this - for absolutely no reason.

I've never understood why the navy historically gets so strung up about what we wear off base (at at least on paper, continues to do so). Yeah, you don't want someone wearing a pair of dirty coveralls to lunch. Copy. Does someone think that John Q. Public is going to think less of us if we have colored shirts on under flight suits? Is wearing type II/III NWUs offensive to someone? Is expressing pride in your community/squadron something that shouldn't happen off base?

And the thing that pisses me off the most are the commands out there that don't let you wear a bag when TAD (short schools, etc) but allow NWUs, and even the "organizational" type II/III versions.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I've never understood why the navy historically gets so strung up about what we wear off base (at at least on paper, continues to do so). Yeah, you don't want someone wearing a pair of dirty coveralls to lunch. Copy. Does someone think that John Q. Public is going to think less of us if we have colored shirts on under flight suits? Is wearing type II/III NWUs offensive to someone? Is expressing pride in your community/squadron something that shouldn't happen off base?

It has to do with the whole 'working uniform' thing that has diminished as we have done away with dungarees and their immediate successors, the newer policies reflect that our working uniforms nowadays are more professional and 'uniform-like' and less like something a prison work party would wear.

And the thing that pisses me off the most are the commands out there that don't let you wear a bag when TAD (short schools, etc) but allow NWUs, and even the "organizational" type II/III versions.

Not sure that is entirely legal since the instruction said that where NWU's were authorized then so were flights suits, at least the last time I checked it said something to that effect. Of course try telling that to some SWO who has a stick up his/her ass about aviators in the first place and you are probably fighting a losing battle.

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
Does someone think that John Q. Public is going to think less of us if we have colored shirts on under flight suits? Is wearing type II/III NWUs offensive to someone? Is expressing pride in your community/squadron something that shouldn't happen off base?

You'd have to find your local Chief's mess or SWO and ask them.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
It has to do with the whole 'working uniform' thing that has diminished as we have done away with dungarees and their immediate successors, the newer policies reflect that our working uniforms nowadays are more professional and 'uniform-like' and less like something a prison work party would wear.
It seems like all the services except Marines have moved away from the 'our servicemembers will be in service/dress uniform out in public.' It started with the Army being able to wear digicam virtually everywhere and the Navy is now following suit with the NWU. What I don't understand is I think that wash khakis looked 1,000x more professional than the blueberries but the former was not allowed to be worn out to lunch, but at least it's moving in the right direction.

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
Don't forget that there was a lot of feedback, I shit you not, that suggested it was unfair that only E-7 and > got to wear khakis. We'll flatten rank by putting everyone in the same thing, and then we'll go further and suppress gender by putting everyone in the same thing #warfightingfirst

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You'd have to find your local Chief's mess or SWO and ask them.
WRT SWOs raising the issue, every rank I put on just adds to the list of people I can tell to kiss my ass.

WRT the goat locker, I've had blackshoe SELRES Chiefs take issue with my wearing a bag, to which I kindly informed them that I was following the lead of the senior aviator present, the NOSC CO. And then promptly ignored the issue. I take advice from CPOs, not direction.

Treetop Flyer

pilot

I can't imagine someone wanting to be seen in public in those ridiculous blue cammies. They look like something the bad guys would wear in a low budget sci-fi movie.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I can't imagine someone wanting to be seen in public in those ridiculous blue cammies. They look like something the bad guys would wear in a low budget sci-fi movie.

Or the Iraqi Federal Police!

army.mil-61476-2010-01-14-080125.jpg