• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New DCO applicants / or thinking of applying open discussion forum

3912DCO

Katy,
Saw your posts on the "June Boards" thread and that you were going to Nov '09 OCS. Going to have to agree with Prior AF, you're going to need to wait until the 3-6 months you referred to are up. I would be really shocked if your civilian doctor put any limitations on your activities and they went ahead and took you anyway.

However, I wouldn't let that stop you. Once the 6-month period is up and you're completely healed, keep asking people until you get the answer you want to hear.

You know we're all rooting for you, as any of us could find ourselves in your shoes, and it scares the hell out of us.

Katymu82

Thank you all for your thoughts, advice etc. I love airwarriors for that. I must say that I had what I considered a wonderful OR when I was in Columbus OH. He certainly didnt hold my hand, but he let me know what I had to get done and my deadlines. Unfortunately he finished up his time in October.
I too figured I would not be able to even entertain the idea of getting back in til my 6 months was up-seeing as thats what is on my NPQ letter-though I am still able to do pushups. However, not wanting to drag this out, I am trying to get eveything I can done in the meantime. I have called the national command, and am having my information pushed down to the local Dayton OH OR. I have also been calling the Orlando NRD-since I will be here for a couple of months, with no luck-so I plan on making a personal visit friday. I want to find out how much of my application needs to be repeated- all recommendation letters, SF-86 etc- especially since I have already got the TS/SCI. Plus I am not familar at all with the DCO process.
Uphill battle it will be, and I am ready for it, and most certainly willing to put in the effort. But I will try to get info the back way as well, just as long as I dont get bad gouge. In fact, just as with the original application process, I have leaned more on sites like this than my recruiter. Why waste his time when I can do the research myself.
Thanks everyone!

3912DCO

I want to find out how much of my application needs to be repeated- all recommendation letters, SF-86 etc- especially since I have already got the TS/SCI. Thanks everyone!

I already had a TS/SCI when I submitted and still had to do the SF-86...so more than likely you will need to submit an updated one. Good luck

Intel_warrior

It will be like starting from scratch. Hopefully you kept copies of everything. Depending on how picky they are, they may even ask for updated recommendation letters. Just don't give up.