• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New CNO? (Take 2)

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Last month, Adm. John Richardson, who currently holds the position, was alerted to the exchanges between Adm. Moran and Mr. Servello, leading Navy Secretary Richard Spencer to direct the Navy inspector general to conduct an investigation, according to officials familiar with the matter.
How, and by whom?

robav8r

None
Contributor

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Unwanted touching of a sexual nature = sexual assault.

Full stop.
We get your point. Mr. Servello is a hardened criminal who should have been drawn and quartered after leaving the military instead of offered a job at the Pentagon.

And people say I live too much in the black and white...

Hotdogs

I don’t care if I hurt your feelings
pilot
Unwanted touching of a sexual nature = sexual assault.

Full stop.
“Mr. Servello retired at the rank of commander after an internal Navy investigation that looked into whether he slapped a civilian woman on the buttocks while intoxicated and while dressed in a Santa outfit at an office Christmas party in 2016 and whether he had sexually harassed others. He was given a so-called letter of caution and retired in June. He wasn’t charged with any wrongdoing. Mr. Servello has acknowledged that he drank exces-sively that day but has denied any other wrongdoing.”

You should actually read the articles, Squorch.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
CDR Salamander shacked it today:
Thankfully he is much more articulate than I, as he has a wider audience.
Pickle
1) I disagree with CDR Salamander's assumptions. I think that what is in those emails is very relevant and this whole thing is about giving Bill Moran a soft landing to make sure that they don't go public.

2) The connotation of using the phrase 'sexual assault' sucks because I agree that most people associate the term with something worse, but if he slapped a woman on the ass that is technically what he did. Whether or not he was legally prosecuted is largely irrelevant to the Navy's administrative processes for handling the matter, as anyone who has been to a Captain's mast could tell you.

3) On the spectrum of shitty things you can do, drinking and driving is far worse than 'getting handsy.' Last time I checked, no one ever died from getting their ass slapped.

4) It is different when a 24 yr old gets drunk and acts stupid than when a 36+ yr old does it.

5) This 'alleged' event occurred very recently and there was a lot of press about how the commander wasn't held accountable as a direct result of his connection to the CNO.

This all adds up to a lot of bad optics for the Navy if Bill Moran were to go on to serve as the CNO. What's that phrase... perception is reality. Nothing to do with zero tolerance policies.

P3 F0

None
I feel like there is more to this story that exists at much higher levels (either with Servello or with Moran), and CDR S is too trusting by taking the release at face value.

Otherwise, this seems like CAPT Honors all over again, and why can't the Navy effing learn to scrap this zero-defect idiocy.

Moran gets kicked to curb while Ghallager walks. What a Navy we've become.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Tell me about your feelings on NJP.
NJP for a “sexual assault” would only be done in the case that they don’t have enough evidence to convict at a courts martial.

One can reasonably assume at that point that there is a high chance that the “assault” didn’t happen.

Ergo, any NJP for a sexual assault is likely a commander covering their ass and not being accused later of neglecting an accusation.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I feel like there is more to this story that exists at much higher levels (either with Servello or with Moran), and CDR S is too trusting by taking the release at face value.

Otherwise, this seems like CAPT Honors all over again, and why can't the Navy effing learn to scrap this zero-defect idiocy.

Moran gets kicked to curb while Ghallager walks. What a Navy we've become.
Anything Sal can use to beat the diversity/PC dead horse. It’s the only lens he’s capable of looking through. I agree. Taking Spencer at face value is probably the wrong way to approach this. Because it appears so absurd as presented, there’s going to have to be more explaining to do.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
NJP for a “sexual assault” would only be done in the case that they don’t have enough evidence to convict at a courts martial.

One can reasonably assume at that point that there is a high chance that the “assault” didn’t happen.

Ergo, any NJP for a sexual assault is likely a commander covering their ass and not being accused later of neglecting an accusation.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

Youve got a record of saying stupid things but this definitely has set the bar on that.