• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Need some help

*Brittney*

Does anyone know the good neighborhoods from the bad ones in the Pensacola or the Pensacola Beach area so I will know which ones to check out since I'm looking. I wouldn't want to put my kids in a situation that would be bad for them. Any information will be helpful. Thanks!:)

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
In general, with Pensacola you can tell by looking at the houses in the neighborhood. It's a general rule of thumb, doesn't always work. Don't live "downtown". As for specifics, it's been a while since I've been there, so I'll let others chime in. Last I checked, the biggest crime is the drug trade.

Not really familiar with Pensacola Beach, although I have heard the schools are very good over that way, as for Pensacola, it is very patchy. You can live in a nice neighborhood and have a "not so good" area right around the corner. We found this out real quick when house hunting and opted to buy out in Cantonment. Our subdivision is very secluded, all newer sub's all around us and very good school districts. I feel very safe here. I have learned real quick that along with the great southern hospitality here, you have absolutely NO zoning. You can see the most beautiful house, and then right across the street is a "beautiful" pop up camper:) ha! If you have an area you are looking at pm me, and I could check it for you or see if any of our friends know that area. Good luck!:)

In general, with Pensacola you can tell by looking at the houses in the neighborhood. It's a general rule of thumb, doesn't always work. Don't live "downtown". As for specifics, it's been a while since I've been there, so I'll let others chime in. Last I checked, the biggest crime is the drug trade.
Have to agree, one of our friends has a beautiful old house down there and no kidding the next block over, I would be locking my doors just driving down the road!!!

*Brittney*

Thats kinda what I am going through here as for the drugs. I know you won't be able to get rid of them completly but,,,,, I don't want them doing their deals right in front of them either. My 11 year old son comes home and says" guess what I found in the bathroom at school today " . I was almost afraid to ask what, but he said he found a condom laying in the floor. Lord knows if it had been used or not. We had to consolidate with another school and it has been hell eversince. It's getting pretty bad when a 9 year old gets busted at school for meth. This is what I'm trying to avoid if yall know what I mean.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thats kinda what I am going through here as for the drugs. I know you won't be able to get rid of them completly but,,,,, I don't want them doing their deals right in front of them either. My 11 year old son comes home and says" guess what I found in the bathroom at school today " . I was almost afraid to ask what, but he said he found a condom laying in the floor. Lord knows if it had been used or not. We had to consolidate with another school and it has been hell eversince. It's getting pretty bad when a 9 year old gets busted at school for meth. This is what I'm trying to avoid if yall know what I mean.

Hey, look on the bright side. At least they're using safe sex. ;)

Brett

boobcheese

I was in your situation just recently. In fact I just signed a lease 2 days ago. It was a pain in the a$$ as you could find a great house in a well kept neighborhood only to find that the schools are atrocious. Here are a couple of resources for finding rental properties:
Craigs List
Pensacola MLS

Once you find something you like you can check what schools it is zoned for here:
Escambia County
Santa Rosa

You can find info about the individual schools (test scores, student/teacher ratios, crimes reported, etc) here:
Greatschools

It took some leg work ahead of time but we were able to make a short list of listings/areas we wanted to look at and were able to quickly find exactly what we were looking for when we got into town. Hope this helps.

andi

Brittney, I don't know if you've made your move but the best schools in Pensacola are in the Pace and Gulf Breeze (which includes Pensacola Beach) school systems. I was a Realtor in Pensacola for years before I married this year, you're welcome to PM me if I can help you with neighborhoods, I know them well.