• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Need serious help!

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm thinking I never got the OK or sign off from NRD, hence the "nnever made it out of NRD" comment made to me.

A small part of me thinks the application never 100% went through. Thus never actually rejected by the board. I only found out I didn't make it after I inquired about my status because I wasn't told anything after the interviews were completed.

It'd disheartening when someone says you're not good enough and they don't really know you. Putting 6 + years in an awful application process should stand for something.
Of course I can't know all the details of your process. But it wouldn't be the first time someone screwed up, lost something, or missed a deadline and then blamed it on something/one else. They may even be hoping you go away. The DCO process, especially for something like Supply and Intel, is a different animal. But I would really push for a reconsideration or resubmittal depending on your actual status. If something "never made it out of the NRD" there has not been a board determination. Therefore, you should be able to push it through without any time penalty. If you were field rejected by the NRD there should be an official notice made to you. Not the vague communications you have been getting. If you don't get straight answers from the recruiter and civilian processor don't be afraid to respectfully go up the chair of command and ask the Department Head (Officer Programs Officer) or Executive Officer to clear up the misunderstanding.

zaleskb1

Good question... When that came up, I was nervous... Was asked if it was 1000, 500, 50, once, 10x, etc...

Bein so long I don't know, so I just said 50....its not that much, but was told since I said that first I gotta use that.

I do know about the phone call from captain to explain yourself. I never got that far I guess, or was a no from the get go.

zaleskb1

Of course I can't know all the details of your process. But it wouldn't be the first time someone screwed up, lost something, or missed a deadline and then blamed it on something/one else. They may even be hoping you go away. The DCO process, especially for something like Supply and Intel, is a different animal. But I would really push for a reconsideration or resubmittal depending on your actual status. If something "never made it out of the NRD" there has not been a board determination. Therefore, you should be able to push it through without any time penalty. If you were field rejected by the NRD there should be an official notice made to you. Not the vague communications you have been getting. If you don't get straight answers from the recruiter and civilian processor don't be afraid to respectfully go up the chair of command and ask the Department Head (Officer Programs Officer) or Executive Officer to clear up the misunderstanding.

Never got an official notice or letter. Only heard the bad news via email, as a response to my inquiry about app status. Was told the pot used "KILLED" me, n that sucks, and that I'd be great leader and such, and there's nothing they can do.

I like this forum, it's been quite helpful!

One prob... My recruiter also works admin and does field rejects. Maybe apply diff region like DC (more competitive I'm sure) or something in Philadelphia area, but think DC is only close one.

exNavyOffRec

Good question... When that came up, I was nervous... Was asked if it was 1000, 500, 50, once, 10x, etc...

Bein so long I don't know, so I just said 50....its not that much, but was told since I said that first I gotta use that.

I do know about the phone call from captain to explain yourself. I never got that far I guess, or was a no from the get go.

This is the link to the new one http://www.cnrc.navy.mil/publications/PDF FORMS/1131_238_APSR-Latest Version.pdf

The number of times is the issue, in general if the amount is over 9 it is a no go, the reason for this is that anything over 9 requires a waiver by the Commander Navy Recruiting Command, if the NRD CO won't endorse the waiver it goes nowhere.

He probably said 2 years because then the old application will have been destroyed, before then it could have been pulled and looked at.

mzmtg

CEC DCO Appplicant

There's you problem.

Current policy is that less than 5 times does not require a waiver, less than 10 times requires a local NRD waiver, more than 10 times is considered "drug abuse" and requires a national recruiting level waiver. Given the competitive nature of military recruiting these days, the national level waivers aren't being issued.

There is an official document floating around out there detailing this, bit I'm still looking for it.

zaleskb1

Just stinks how foolish mistakes in college years ago still affect me, in this situation at least. Happens to be the one thing that means most to me. And yet everyday I see news stories about military officers, esp in high command, being arrested or stepping down for awful behavior, assault etc.

I've even tweeted anyone of high command in the Navy for some help or LOR, but to no avail.

BackOrdered

Contributor
*Excuses*
Looking towards the failures of others you wish to become for justification of your current/past actions is unbecoming. I'll leave it at that.

I can give you a hint about Senior Officers, too; they don't like to be "tweeted" for a serious request of their time. Maybe a decade or so from now, the old guard will be just that tech savvy (I for one won't), but most Senior Officers today don't even have facebook. You need to engage their secretary/deputy/etc and “formally walk your request to their attention yourself. That secretary/deputy/etc should point you in the right direction. If that is asking too much, just wait until you get to the fleet.

Does anyone expect a civilian to know that? No, but that will impress them and is a lot less conceited than a "tweet."

zaleskb1

Whoa hold on... I'm not looking at anyone's mistake to justify my own. Not sure where you even got me trying to justify my mistake. Just merely alluding that we all make mistakes, even officers

And... Trust me, I make NO EXCUSE. Not sure where one wud think that's an excuse too. I did it, and I live those consequences. I've had people in the service tell me to not say anything... That is unbecoming. I consider myself a man of honesty and integrity. I refuse to lie or fail to disclose the truth to something so true to me.

And why not tweet anyone on twitter? Isn't that why they're on twitter?
There's no harm whatsoever in it. When u ask for help, u never know, someone may actually give it.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
This is just my own opinion, but if I were you, I would immediately cease any consideration of enlistment. You are 30 with a masters.....that is not the place for you. Maybe as like an early 20 something with some college experience.....that is common. In your case, you are going to be so overqualified for any job you may take that it will just be aggravating, as will your lifestyle.

zaleskb1

This is just my own opinion, but if I were you, I would immediately cease any consideration of enlistment. You are 30 with a masters.....that is not the place for you. Maybe as like an early 20 something with some college experience.....that is common. In your case, you are going to be so overqualified for any job you may take that it will just be aggravating, as will your lifestyle.

Thanks for info! I greatly appreciate it. Even for USNR??? I'm only considering reserves as I have too much vested in pension already it be foolish to throw it away.
I've had many, many tell me not to enlist. Has me wondering why haha.
My reasons for enlistment are...
I get to serve Navy and this country.
$20k bonus
Seems like last resort since DCO route not favorable for me, but I'm working my tail on that, been doing so for 6+ years.

BackOrdered

Contributor
Whoa hold on... I'm not looking at anyone's mistake to justify my own. Not sure where you even got me trying to justify my mistake. Just merely alluding that we all make mistakes, even officers

And... Trust me, I make NO EXCUSE. Not sure where one wud think that's an excuse too. I did it, and I live those consequences. I've had people in the service tell me to not say anything... That is unbecoming. I consider myself a man of honesty and integrity. I refuse to lie or fail to disclose the truth to something so true to me.

And why not tweet anyone on twitter? Isn't that why they're on twitter?
There's no harm whatsoever in it. When u ask for help, u never know, someone may actually give it.

Those Senior Officers you refer to are getting what's coming to them. From what I read, drawing any short of analogy to them does nothing for your case. Your goal now is to show the board and others that you are far passed your issue.

Most Senior Officers’ tweeter accounts are used and governed by their PAOs, a civilian secretary or ensign, who screens those accounts for what needs to be brought to that Officer's attention. They may even have an Accessions/STA-21 JO that all these requests gets referred to and prioritized. If the tweeter account you are using is indeed their own personal tweeter, I caution you not to use it for this kind of thing as there is a far more professional etiquette.

Lastly, Senior Officers are notoriously "booked" and have their days prioritized weeks out. Your goal is to get on their book and become their priority. This is very doable and just requires research of their organization. A random tweet isn't going to get you a LOR or their time, especially if you are a stranger.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Whoa...

The military's policy on drug abuse is what it is, for better or worse. For you to write 50x on an app means you have certainly used it more than what the Navy will allow and you aren't eligible for a commission. You have a snowball's chance in hell of getting an Admiral to make an exception for you.

And for Christ's sake, use some common sense. People don't have twitter accounts to be asked by strangers to make exceptions to official/company policy, no matter what position or job they hold.