• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Need roomate, NAS Corpus, on the island.

MasterBates

I am an C2E2 from HSL retread going through the "helo to strike transition" syllabus at NASCC. In short, winged student in Primary in laymans terms.

I have found a 2Br/2.5Ba condo on the island, about a 10-15 minute ride to base. I need a roomate, as the rent is more than I can swing on my own.

Condo is owned by a SNA, who is related to an AW.com member.

Rent is $1050 a month, Utils are about $150-200 in summer. Looking for a 50-50 rent split. View of canals, boat ramp access on the end of the block.

Condo is ~1000-1200 ft2, 2 story. Nice place. SNA's on one side, retired P3 guy on the other. Has a 1 car garage for JetSkis, Motorcyles, tools, etc.

I will be in Corpus 3-4 months before heading out to Krock.

Reply/PM me if you are interested. Looking to lease this week.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
.....Has a 1 car garage for JetSkis, Motorcyles, tools, etc. ....
I love the place ... but if you're there for over a year and put your JetSkis, Moto's, and tools in first place ... and the car is outside ... stand by for rust. Guaranteed. Even way up in Beeville. Guaranteed.

I love the Gulf Coast.... :)

MasterBates

I love the place ... but if you're there for over a year and put your JetSkis, Moto's, and tools in first place ... and the car is outside ... stand by for rust. Guaranteed. Even way up in Beeville. Guaranteed.

I love the Gulf Coast.... :)

I have an old POS pickup. It's from Canada, so if I leave it outside here, the new rust on the top will meet the old rust on the bottom. Plus it won't fit in a garage. Too long.

MasterBates

Built in KY, but exported to Canada. Then imported to GA.
Not bad for a 8 year old truck with 125K. I got it cheap becuase of the rust issues.
Back to the subject.

Condo is walking distance to Farah's and some other bars. 15 min walk to beach. 100yd walk to boat ramp.

If you are being stationed in Corpus, your crap is going to rust. Might as well enjoy being on the beach.

Wingnut

Kill your television
I know just what you're talking about, my beloved '64 Fairlane sustained quite a bit of corrosion parked by the seawall at OCS. A couple weeks ago I finally got around to dealing with several spots where the paint had long worn thin. Back in Montana it was never a problem; I got down here and on came the rust. Anyway, I'm moving to Corpus this week, and it's enough of a concern that it might be a factor in where I decide to live. Of course, it is yet another variable in the already-complicated issue of finding the right place to live is.

MasterBates

It's really unaviodable in Corpus. As A4s said, it is an issue in Beeville, which is ~50 miles inland.

That said, I lived about 1/2 mile closer to the ocean when I was in Primary, and I never had rust issues on my car (68 Mustang at the time). My motorcycle would get a rusty chain if I did not lube it for a while.

If you wash weekly, its not bad, my ex-laws live in the same area, and their cars don't rust out, but they do wash them twice a month.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
^ Beautiful, strange, and weird ... no rust issues for your's truly in P-Cola, Kingsville, Lemoore, Whidbey, or Honolulu .... just the Texas Gulf Coast, in my experience.

Wash your car 2-4 times a WEEK and you should have/will have no/minimal problems. Then ... you'll be outta' there and good to go.

As far as Canada is concerned ... I feel your pain, Master-Bates ... my Escalade was born in Arlington, TX, went to Canada before it got religion and then returned (with 100 miles on the odometer) to the good 'ol USA.

I love the global economy ... :)

FlyFastNow

Blonde
pilot
Master, did you see previous post by BlkPny about the condo in CC? There was a reply from Rocky3168 who said he'd be willing to share the condo with someone and he'd be there in the beginning of March. Maybe he's already found a roomie, but its worth a shot.

Just trying to help...

MasterBates

Same condo, and PM'd Rocky.

If I can't come up with a roomate tonight, I will be getting a studio or 1 BR.

BlkPny's daughter's condo is nice. I can vouch for it if anyone wants to rent unseen.

FlyFastNow

Blonde
pilot
Haha... I AM BlkPny's daughter and yes, the place is nice. I hope you decide to take it... I'd like to keep it occupied by military. The in-brief for Trawing4 is full of primary and advanced students and many are living w/friends and in the 'Q looking for a place. Its the first two days of your wing check-in. My friend found two roommates that way. Good luck and let me know if you need anything.

MasterBates

FFN,

If I can find a roomate, I will take it. Unfortunatley my whole indoc class is married, already has a place or are USAF homos (We can't live with an LT, that's FRAT! they claim.) . I have the feelers out, and am trying to find one..