• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy SEAL Sell Outs?

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
... How do you think he got famous in the first place?
Ah, member of Congress. Black GOP congressman from the south. Otherwise, never gave it a thought. Why, should I assume every "famous" person (unless you meant famous career military officers) has done something notorious? Can't a former military officer simply win a congressional seat due to his ability to impress donors, manage a campaign, and sell the voters on his political views, thereby making him "famous" for being a member of Congress? Lots of congress members get on TV. Some make it a career after leaving Congress. I have no reason to assume they had dome something unsavory or illegal.

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
For context on West and from the article link:

Apparently not knowing where West's gun was aimed, Hamoody cracked and gave information about the planned ambush on West's convoy, thwarting the attack.

West said there were no further ambushes on U.S. forces in Taji until he was relieved of his leadership post on October 4.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ah, member of Congress. Black GOP congressman from the south. Otherwise, never gave it a thought. Why, should I assume every "famous" person (unless you meant famous career military officers) has done something notorious? Can't a former military officer simply win a congressional seat due to his ability to impress donors, manage a campaign, and sell the voters on his political views, thereby making him "famous" for being a member of Congress? Lots of congress members get on TV. Some make it a career after leaving Congress. I have no reason to assume they had dome something unsavory or illegal.

I am actually quite surprised that you didn't know about his past since it was very well publicized in the news at the time and what initially made him a public figure, it was also noted when he ran for Congress and many times since.

There are many veterans who run for Congress but West and North are notable exceptions for using their notoriety in breaking the law as a launching pad into politics.

For context on West and from the article link:

Apparently not knowing where West's gun was aimed, Hamoody cracked and gave information about the planned ambush on West's convoy, thwarting the attack.

West said there were no further ambushes on U.S. forces in Taji until he was relieved of his leadership post on October 4.

Those are all West's claims, the policeman claimed the opposite and that he gave bogus information. Other than the conflicting claims there is little to nothing to back up either one other than the fact that no weapons or plans were found as a result of the interrogation/torture indicating the supposed planned attack.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I am actually quite surprised that you didn't know about his past since it was very well publicized in the news at the time and what initially made him a public figure, it was also noted when he ran for Congress and many times since.

There are many veterans who run for Congress but West and North are notable exceptions for using their notoriety in breaking the law as a launching pad into politics.
Sorry to disappoint. Guess I am not quite the news hawk and political junkie I seem to be. Probably should have caught it if the original news of the event got national attention. The again, I may have just missed it due to a gin induced black out. But I have never made a habit of watching FL congressional elections so catching the rehash during his election was not likely, gin drunk or not.

Setting aside the West incident, North had ever single conviction either overturned on appeal or dismissed. He is NOT a felon. Don't want to defend everything he did back then, but I am a stickler for accuracy when calling people criminals. I know, it was a technicality. Well one man's legal technicality is every other man's constitutional protection. If the big bad resource laden federal government can't make a case that sticks so be it.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
...Setting aside the West incident, North had ever single conviction either overturned on appeal or dismissed. He is NOT a felon. Don't want to defend everything he did back then, but I am a stickler for accuracy when calling people criminals. I know, it was a technicality. Well one man's legal technicality is every other man's constitutional protection. If the big bad resource laden federal government can't make a case that sticks so be it.

I know his legal record and was careful to never call him a criminal, I hadn't hit the gin yet.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
There are many veterans who run for Congress but West and North are notable exceptions for using their notoriety in breaking the law...
I know his legal record and was careful to never call him a criminal, I hadn't hit the gin yet.
You said he broke the law. Sorry, but the judicial branch determines that, not you. More than one judge found him not guilty of breaking any laws or that there wasn't enough evidence to proceed to trail. That is the record.

"I said she gave birth to a baby boy, not that she was a mother."
"I simply pointed out that he has weekly gin induced back outs, not that he has a problem with liquor." ;)

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You said he broke the law. Sorry, but the judicial branch determines that, not you. More than one judge found him not guilty of breaking any laws or that there wasn't enough evidence to proceed to trail. That is the record...

Eh, still a former Marine who was fired, lied to Congress (that would be a fact he admitted to) and finally had to resign after being indicted who then parlayed his infamy into a career as a pundit and a failed attempt to be a politician. The best part was when he got his secretary to smuggle classified documents to him in her underpants after being fired from the NSC. A guy who couldn't even get commissioned nowadays much less a basic security clearance with that history. But not a criminal, got it.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Eh, still a former Marine who was fired, lied to Congress (that would be a fact he admitted to) and finally had to resign after being indicted who then parlayed his infamy into a career as a pundit and a failed attempt to be a politician. The best part was when he got his secretary to smuggle classified documents to him in her underpants after being fired from the NSC. A guy who couldn't even get commissioned nowadays much less a basic security clearance with that history. But not a criminal, got it.
Absolutely true! If you had stated the facts as above, and I don't disagree, I wouldn't have mentioned it. I disagree with boat loads of what politicians, business leaders and some military do. There is some distance between disagreeable, dishonest, and immoral and what will get a court to convict for breaking the law. Not convicted, not a criminal. Again, in the interests of clarity, he resigned his commission (retired) when he was indicted. His choice. He could have ridden it out and as he wasn't convicted of a thing could have continued on active duty. Promoted? Of course not. Lots of well deserved baggage. But then he wouldn't have people making a big deal out of him resigning in the midst of the scandal when things hadn't yet played out, as if it were an admission of criminal guilt.