• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Reserve COVID Vaccinations by October

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Ha. Dude, you’ve been calling me ‘stupid’ for ages. Impotently rage away- it’s entertaining as hell!
I said your stupid argument was stupid. Sorry you decided to take it that way and that you seem to think I’m feeling some kind of rage. Sorry you get to enforce and try to justify stupid policies. Don’t get too worked up about it, it’s a discussion and you were unable to make a coherent argument.

UInavy

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I said your stupid argument was stupid. Sorry you decided to take it that way and that you seem to think I’m feeling some kind of rage. Sorry you get to enforce and try to justify stupid policies. Don’t get too worked up about it, it’s a discussion and you were unable to make a coherent argument.
*Policies that you comply with in public and rage against in private.

Pags

N/A
pilot
*Policies that you comply with in public and rage against in private.
Treetop isn't here to discuss. He's here to dispense his wisdom and solutions for all things. Anyone who disagrees or who provides a coherent argument is belittled and degraded. And if he gets in a tight spot the rest of the MAGA Justice League will show up to dog pile on with all sorts of links that are hand selected for their world view.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Treetop isn't here to discuss. He's here to dispense his wisdom and solutions for all things. Anyone who disagrees or who provides a coherent argument is belittled and degraded. And if he gets in a tight spot the rest of the MAGA Justice League will show up to dog pile on with all sorts of links that are hand selected for their world view.
Pretty much how it goes anymore with that particular group. Whether they personally agree or not, some folks are going to have to get over the fact that mandates in various forms are a thing and move on with their lives. Being this upset over something you don't control, and that doesn't affect you seems like a suboptimal way to go through life.

Mirage

pilot
At some point we need to find a way for people who do come to this realization to get vaccinated without losing face. People are so invested in their viewpoints, which are continually reinforced via social media, that they can’t allow themselves to change their minds when faced with new information.
For once I agree with you, Brett.

Tell me.. do you think it's by trying to force them?

If the govt made it policy that every Monday was pizza day and everyone could order a free pizza from one specific restaurant, the first week a minority of people would do it. Many others would suspect foul play of some kind, but then over time talk to friends who ate the pizza and probably everyone would eventually be ordering free pizza every week. If, on the other hand, the govt mandated that everyone must order free pizza every Monday from one specific restaurant or you can't eat at all that day, I bet you 100 years later there would still be a significant portion of the population going hungry every Monday for all variety of reasons they came up with.

Dumb analogy, I know, but I think you get my point. People don't like being forced to do things... Nor should they. Look at most of the rest of the western world... Few mandates, better vax rates.

Treetop Flyer

pilot

Aw, still stinging from the last round of whack-a-mole? It’ll be ok. Try using your words though.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
For once I agree with you, Brett.

Tell me.. do you think it's by trying to force them?
Nobody forced you, and you're one of the most vocal anti-mandate people on this site. The government isn't responsible for people getting over hare-brained conspiracy thinking. They're responsible for promoting public health.

Mirage

pilot
Nobody forced you, and you're one of the most vocal anti-mandate people on this site. The government isn't responsible for people getting over hare-brained conspiracy thinking. They're responsible for promoting public health.
I was told that my leave chit would be denied unless I got the vax. I got the vax. My leave chit was still denied. I was forced, in a way, but that's irrelevant to my point anyway.

I agree that the govt is responsible for public health. Also for upholding the constitution. But the constitutional aspect aside, I'm pointing out that I believe more people would get the vaccine if they were not being forced to. Data seems to support this. It would also cause less division and be better overall for our society (something the govt also must care about).

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
I was told that my leave chit would be denied unless I got the vax. I got the vax. My leave chit was still denied. I was forced, in a way, but that's irrelevant to my point anyway.

I agree that the govt is responsible for public health. Also for upholding the constitution. But the constitutional aspect aside, I'm pointing out that I believe more people would get the vaccine if they were not being forced to. Data seems to support this. It would also cause less division and be better overall for our society (something the govt also must care about).

Don't delude yourself into thinking the government actually cares about what's better overall for our society. That's a fundamental difference between how the world is, and how many of us feel it should be.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
It goes to the credibility of your argument. Which……
My personal choice affects the credibility of my argument that Aaron Rodgers isn’t at risk for covid? Or my personal choice affects my argument that people should be free to make their own medical decisions? Or my argument that military readiness will be hurt more by separating thousands of people than from the tail end of covid?

Please elaborate.

UInavy

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
My personal choice affects the credibility of my argument that Aaron Rodgers isn’t at risk for covid? Or my personal choice affects my argument that people should be free to make their own medical decisions? Or my argument that military readiness will be hurt more by separating thousands of people than from the tail end of covid?

Please elaborate.
The conviction of your argument against mandates in pretend, internet-land is affected by your willingness to submit the the mandate in the real world.