• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Reserve COVID Vaccinations by October

number9

Contributor
Gas has been kept purposefully cheap for untold decades... My in-laws used to own a small c-store / gas station / repair shop. Topic for another thread but I always loathed the people who f*cking yelled ay my MIL when the price of a gallon of regular increased by $0.05 (or about $0.75 increase for a 15 gallon fill-up). These idiots thought my in-laws made (i.e., net profit) $0.25 a gallon when they were, in fact, making between $0.02 and negative pennies per gallon. The droves of people driving luxury vehicles putting in only $5.00 worth of gas or the ones who drove 10 or more miles to save $0.02 per gallon... Pure idiocy, like people putting 93 octane in a car that only requires 89. Love it.

Inflation-Adjusted-Gasoline-Price-Feb-2020.png
There are two types of people in this world: people who think POTUSes have substantial control over gas prices, and people who aren't crazy

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Speaking of Brandon, I would like to thank him for gas prices. It cost me nearly a hundred bucks to put 16 gallons of Avgas in my baby plane ?. I know unrelated.. Don’t care!

I could write a whole dissertation about comments like this... but I'll just say the following:

It's convenient to blame your least favorite politician, but as much as you'd like it to be, that's not really the source of the problem. The supply and demand conditions for expensive avgas were set well before "Brandon" took office, and involve many more factors than just who is/was in the Oval Office. I don't enjoy the fuel surcharges at my local flying club either, but I'm not so shallow as to blame one person, no matter how "great" they're making America or how much "better" they're building it back. Two sides of the same hypocritical coin.

What worries me more is the trades that have been and are being made to keep gas cheap, such as reliance on foreign oil and massive subsidies that drive up the national debt. I think many of those choices are hurting us more in the long run than higher prices at the pump. Keeping things cheap at any expense is unreasonable, and will lead to more price shocks and shortages in the long run. I view this as more of a systemic issue than a "this or that party" issue.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
There are two types of people in this world: people who think POTUSes have substantial control over gas prices, and people who aren't crazy
I can find humor in a guy running for president on a platform of banning drilling, banning pipelines, and generally being anti fossil fuels begging OPEC to increase production and begging oil CEO’s to reduce prices. Would gas be more expensive now than 2020 no matter what? Yes of course. Did that old dipshit make it worse through his policies and inflation? Yes, of course.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Back on the topic of lab-engineered bat coronavirus vaccines/mRNA shots and other precautions, would like people’s thoughts on:

How long do you foresee before the Navy Reserve mandates booster shots?

There have been a couple articles on the efficacy of taking certain Rx pills regularly. Do you foresee the Navy Reserve requiring sailors to ingest an antiviral pill/dose with any frequency?

Pags

N/A
pilot
Back on the topic of lab-engineered bat coronavirus vaccines/mRNA shots and other precautions, would like people’s thoughts on:

There have been a couple articles on the efficacy of taking certain Rx pills regularly. Do you foresee the Navy Reserve requiring sailors to ingest an antiviral pill/dose with any frequency?
You take antivirals once you have COVID. They're not preventative. So I'd imagine navy medicine for follow the approved treatment protocol for antivirals in the event a member gets COVID.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor

As soon as President Biden or one of his staffers comes up with the next great COVID idea that makes it seem he’s on top of things, it’ll be mandated whether it a good idea or not.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
You take antivirals once you have COVID. They're not preventative. So I'd imagine navy medicine for follow the approved treatment protocol for antivirals in the event a member gets COVID.
There are good idea fairies and big pharma execs who think otherwise.

trakanon

Contributor
The reason for inflation is more to do with the banking system than politics and history is going to talk about this in the years to come I believe. It's not someone or something that changed in the last few years it's a 15 year trending event that is still ongoing.

Last edited:

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You seem to misunderstand their business model. Capitalism and businesses making profit by selling products is the foundation of our economic system… unless you don’t happen to agree with the product being offered, then it’s fundamentally corrupt and evil. Got it.

Add “big pharma execs” to your list. What are we up to now? Three or four?

Pags

N/A
pilot
I wasn't aware of this proposed product and thought you were talking about the Merck antiviral that been submitted for approval. However, if you notice in link you provided the use case is for people who are actively exposed to known COVID cases such as someone you share a house with getting COVID and youve been in close contact with them, think your kids or spouse. Then you take this drug and it helps you out. But you still have to have a known exposure of some sort, it's not intended to be used like a daily multivitamin. Also, it's not approved so no one can truly answer how it could be used. But if it does get approved one would imagine that it would be another tool in the medical professionals' toolbox and that it would come with instructions on approved use cases.

Last edited:

Hair Warrior

Contributor
You seem to misunderstand their business model. Capitalism and businesses making profit by selling products is the foundation of our economic system… unless you don’t happen to agree with the product being offered, then it’s fundamentally corrupt and evil. Got it.

Add “big pharma execs” to your list. What are we up to now? Three or four?
Huh? You seem to be the one who is associating “big pharma execs“ with a negative connotation.

Big = businesses > 1k employees
Pharma = pharmaceutical industry
Execs = executives

Nothing inherently negative about that phrase.

Also:

The drug makers have benefitted greatly from govt subsidies in the form of research grants, contract set-asides, and mandatory consumption of the product. It is well known that the mRNA technology was researched mainly with tax dollars, and then taxpayers paid for the product a second time with the rollout of the mRNA shots. So we are getting double charged - and now we are being forced to consume the product even if we don’t want the product, and I don’t think that’s evil but it sure is a bad business model for Americans. And it certainly isn’t a free and open market in economic terms.