• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Reserve COVID Vaccinations by October

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So - and this is just a hunch, but based on some prior examples - yeah I think the DoD will adsep anti-vaxxers, as a force shaping tool and to easily get rid of people of that mindset (more likely on the right side of the political spectrum, on average).

An example might be the “failed” healthcare supercommittee in 2011-12 that produced years of deep defense cuts called sequestration. Pretty sure in hindsight that deep defense cuts were their end goal all along.
Come on. There is no grand plot to purge conservatives from DoD. There is just a plot to have people follow lawful orders, just like every other smallpox and anthrax vaccination you're also supposed to get, along with a freaking flu shot every year.

And never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by incompetence. Congressional leadership on both sides of the aisle aren't playing 4D chess; they're herding cats.

SlickAg

pilot
Come on. There is no grand plot to purge conservatives from DoD. There is just a plot to have people follow lawful orders, just like every other smallpox and anthrax vaccination you're also supposed to get, along with a freaking flu shot every year.

And never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by incompetence. Congressional leadership on both sides of the aisle aren't playing 4D chess; they're herding cats.
Just like there was no grand plot to release covid from a lab in China? Would you then attribute its release to malice or incompetence?

Treetop Flyer

pilot

It’s not just the DoD.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just like there was no grand plot to release covid from a lab in China? Would you then attribute its release to malice or incompetence?
Most likely the latter. Credible reporting seems to still support that it was a zoonotic release, and IF that isn't the case, it's more likely that some hypothetical Chinese lab worker just gooned it away. And whichever one of those is true was compounded by the Chinese government trying to sweep the pandemic under the rug, so here we are. But this isn't the COVID thread, this is the "RC vaccinations" thread, so I'll stop there.

taxi1

pilot
Since the Covid vax is approved same as the bucketful of other vaccines given to military folks, are the anti-vax reservists looking for the right to pick and choose which ones they get? Yes to tetanus but no to yellow fever? How is that going to fly?

Last edited:

SlickAg

pilot
Since the Covid vax is approved same as the bucketful of other vaccines given to military folks, are the anti-vax folks looking for the right to pick and choose which ones they get? Yes to tetanus but no to yellow fever? How is that going to fly?
This is the Reserve Component vaccination thread, so any posts about DOD or Navy-wide policy would have to have its own thread or be asked and answered in the original COVID-19 thread.

taxi1

pilot
Please cite sources for this published in the past 6 mo.
They have the perp on film

v2-48e81fd97220d218206a9b221337ede7_b_grande.gif

Hair Warrior

Contributor

I’d want to believe you, but there’s too much rhetoric in the echo chamber that:
-unvaccinated people are murderers for spreading the coronavirus to others
-hesitancy to get vaccinated means the person has extremist views or belief in debunked conspiracy theories
-extremist views in the military cannot be tolerated and must be removed at all costs

Make no mistake, the liberals are cheering on social media every time they see some 18-year Lt Col resign his or her commission over a principled stance like the vaccine mandate. The militant pro-vaccine crowd actually want unvaccinated people to lose their jobs, careers, pensions, friends. It’s too tribal. It’s already a very politicized and highly charged topic.

I am going to roger up for what the Navy asks of me, but I wish it wasn’t such a politically charged issue.

Last edited:

Python

pilot
Contributor
I’d want to believe you, but there’s too much rhetoric in the echo chamber that:
-hesitancy to get vaccinated means the person has extremist views or belief in debunked conspiracy theories
-extremist views in the military cannot be tolerated and must be removed at all costs

Make no mistake, the liberals are cheering on social media every time they see some 18-year Lt Col resign his or her commission over a principled stance like the vaccine mandate. The militant pro-vaccine crowd actually want unvaccinated people to lose their jobs, careers, pensions, friends. It’s too tribal. It’s already a very politicized and highly charged topic.

I believe censorship of conservatives is a real thing, particularly in the media, academia, SM. It’s dangerous. But @nittany03 is right; what you’re describing for DOD is overboard.

taxi1

pilot
...see some 18-year Lt Col resign his or her commission over a principled stance like the vaccine mandate
Oh lord, I read the letter. Why didn't he take a principled stance over the other 20 vaccines he has enjoyed over his 18 year career?

He says it isn't sufficiently tested...name another vaccine that we have over 300,000,000 data points on before getting final approval?

Pags

N/A
pilot

I am going to roger up for what the Navy asks of me, but I wish it wasn’t such a politically charged issue.
It's... interesting... that your default view is to look at this through a political lense as opposed to a traditional military officer apolitical perspective. It's frankly only a politically charged issue to folks because they choose to look at it as such. None of the other vaccines that folks have all toed the line for over the years have been this frought...even anthrax. Perhaps you should look at this as something that apolitical and professional military officers have all agreed is a requirement for service just like short hair, uniforms, working hours, and all the other things that come with the service.