• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Reserve COVID Vaccinations by October

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
Yes, that is correct. Vaccinated positive cases still quarantine. What shouldn't be happening is that knocking out whole shops, as the close contacts don't need to ROM.

You're correct, just those that have tested positive. In this case it was more than 1 person testing positive.

My example was worse case scenario, if they ALL tested positive (very small likelihood).

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Some of those seeking a religious exemption are doing so on the basis that fetal cells used in the production of vaccines come from aborted fetuses and many religious people believe that abortion is wrong. This doesn't just apply to the COVID vaccine, there are many that are completely anti-vax on this basis.
I'm aware of that, but without a senior religious authority stating that this is a tenant of the faith, the person has no leg to stand on (aside from the fact that the covid-19 vaccine was not developed from aborted fetuses). There are many catholics who use contraception; they are deviating from the philosophy of their faith when doing so. Similarly, people who refuse the vaccine in America are almost universally deviating from the teachings of their faith (there's some fraction of a percent of 'other' where this might not be true).

Take your logic to the extreme... What if I claimed my faith requires me to sacrifice a virgin every day? Does my right to practice my faith and personal beliefs override someone else's right to life?

taxi1

pilot
My biggest fear now is what impact, if any, will getting the vaccine pose getting it so close to recovering from the actual virus.
I traveled to Pax River last week for work, and a co-worker traveler was telling his story at the bar (Kingfisher’s in Solomon). He and his wife got it last December, and he said it was h a r s h. Twice to the doctors for he and his wife. He’s an athlete too. Said he never wants it again, and got vaccinated when first able. Moderna. Said the first shot left him down for two days, nothing from second. Probably got it 6 weeks after clearing Covid.

Glad you’re well.

Python

pilot
Contributor
I traveled to Pax River last week for work, and a co-worker traveler was telling his story at the bar (Kingfisher’s in Solomon). He and his wife got it last December, and he said it was h a r s h. Twice to the doctors for he and his wife. He’s an athlete too. Said he never wants it again, and got vaccinated when first able. Moderna. Said the first shot left him down for two days, nothing from second. Probably got it 6 weeks after clearing Covid.

Glad you’re well.
Had COVID in December and got the first shot in February (Pfizer). Had zero effect from either shot other than a sore arm. There’s simply too much variance for anybody to give any kind of “educated guess” prognosis.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
I'm aware of that, but without a senior religious authority stating that this is a tenant of the faith, the person has no leg to stand on (aside from the fact that the covid-19 vaccine was not developed from aborted fetuses). There are many catholics who use contraception; they are deviating from the philosophy of their faith when doing so. Similarly, people who refuse the vaccine in America are almost universally deviating from the teachings of their faith (there's some fraction of a percent of 'other' where this might not be true).

Take your logic to the extreme... What if I claimed my faith requires me to sacrifice a virgin every day? Does my right to practice my faith and personal beliefs override someone else's right to life?

Not my logic, the logic of those seeking a religious exemption which I am not one of. I cannot speak for every denomination or ever person seeking that exemption, but not all denominations are the same or believe the same thing (for exmple contraception)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The Vicar of Christ has spoken... infallible in matters of faith. Good enough for me. :D

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Not my logic, the logic of those seeking a religious exemption which I am not one of.
They're about to get a rude awakening that they don't get to make the rules at an individual level.

Do you have any senior religious leaders (e.g. Cardinals, Bishops, etc.) saying that taking the covid19 vaccine is against the faith?

Treetop Flyer

pilot

Hey folks, without a person saying it’s ok, you can’t have a sincerely held religious belief. Get the fuck out of here with that.

MGoBrew11

pilot

Negative, at least as it pertains to Catholicism.
They're about to get a rude awakening that they don't get to make the rules at an individual level.

Do you have any senior religious leaders (e.g. Cardinals, Bishops, etc.) saying that taking the covid19 vaccine is against the faith?
Yes.

MGoBrew11

pilot
@Spekkio I’m not going to go into the intricacies of the Catholic position on this issue. Not the appropriate forum. If you want an explainer to try to understand where people may be coming from, feel free to PM.

Aren’t you a self professed atheist? Maybe keep opinions on others’ sincerely held religious beliefs to yourself. You don’t know what you’re talking about here.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
This past DWE, several of my folks were given UA's for not updating their Family Care Plans IAW RESPERSMAN. Yes, they were warned several times prior to the DWE and, while we mustered them present because they were, in fact, present, the NOSC adjudicated them UA for lack of compliance, well within their juris-my-dick-shun...
In Soviet Russia, sailor can mark UA the NOSC for failing to do NOSC’s job.

Mirage

pilot
You guys think that the same senior leaders who immediately took away our constitutional rights to protest and attend church because of this virus are going to give a shit about anyone's sincerely held beliefs? Yeah right. They will only care about their fitrep. Their fitrep will be good if their boss is happy, and their bosses are politicians who will force the vax on everyone unless enough people play chicken with them that the politicians actually have to blink first.

Here's a question, though. Can anyone give me a good reason why they will not just tell everyone that if they don't want the vax they can just repay any bonus money at the prorated amount and get out with an honorable discharge? Sure, it's bad for the Navy (retention issues, lost money training folks, etc.), but we waste way more money than that just giving it away in humanitarian relief to the f'ing Taliban and other countries who don't even like us. Seems like the humanitarian thing to do here, without question, is let people out if they feel that strongly about it, rather than forcing them to do an irreversible medical procedure that they don't want or face a possible OTH.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
You guys think that the same senior leaders who immediately took away our constitutional rights to protest and attend church because of this virus are going to give a shit about anyone's sincerely held beliefs? Yeah right. They will only care about their fitrep. Their fitrep will be good if their boss is happy, and their bosses are politicians who will force the vax on everyone unless enough people play chicken with them that the politicians actually have to blink first.

Here's a question, though. Can anyone give me a good reason why they will not just tell everyone that if they don't want the vax they can just repay any bonus money at the prorated amount and get out with an honorable discharge? Sure, it's bad for the Navy (retention issues, lost money training folks, etc.), but we waste way more money than that just giving it away in humanitarian relief to the f'ing Taliban and other countries who don't even like us. Seems like the humanitarian thing to do here, without question, is let people out if they feel that strongly about it, rather than forcing them to do an irreversible medical procedure that they don't want or face a possible OTH.
Easy there shipmate. Why are you questioning POLICY

Let’s go Brandon

Fuck Joe Biden